Ruger SFAR 20" 308 Win

USAFRet

With the anticipation of selling a rifle and me looking at Gunbroker late at night (probably not a good idea), I came upon a Ruger SFAR that the bid was about to end on and actually got it at a very good price. With it being light weight and having the 20" barrel, it will be added to my list of hunting rifles.

Anyone out there with one of these? How do you like it? Load recommendations?

another proprietary 308ar--- if it functions and they don't ever stop making it then good for you--- but ask guys about their dpms 2 rifles and proprietary parts.....

I'm not sure why companies keep trying to come up with "new small frame 308 ar's" ---- you can build a large frame one easily under 6 pounds and parts are readily available ( mine in under 6 pounds with a 3-9x scope and cold be closer to 5 of I really tried)

another proprietary 308ar--- if it functions and they don't ever stop making it then good for you--- but ask guys about their dpms 2 rifles and proprietary parts.....

I'm not sure why companies keep trying to come up with "new small frame 308 ar's" ---- you can build a large frame one easily under 6 pounds and parts are readily available ( mine in under 6 pounds with a 3-9x scope and cold be closer to 5 of I really tried)
I am not as mechanically inclined. It was a good price as well. Plus, Ruger customer service is second to none in my experience. We shall see.

The one thing I am reading and seeing is the muzzle brake is louder than normal brakes and may cause accuracy issues. So, I ordered a radial brake from Ruger. I use these on quite a few rifles and accuracy is outstanding.

Recent Posts