Ruger Predator accuracy?

i have the exact rifle you are talking about, the best load i have is 123gr SMK over accu 4350 cci BR2 primers it will easily shoot 3/4'' 5 shot groups at 100 yards with once fired brass, new hornady brass was not very accurate, and i also ran about 100rds thru it before it really started to show just how accurate it was. they are very nice hunting rifles for the price. i have a cheap nikko striling 4-16x50 on it right now that i picked up on this site. i have ran it out to 600 yards on steel and it shoots very well.

i have the exact rifle you are talking about, the best load i have is 123gr SMK over accu 4350 cci BR2 primers it will easily shoot 3/4'' 5 shot groups at 100 yards with once fired brass, new hornady brass was not very accurate, and i also ran about 100rds thru it before it really started to show just how accurate it was. they are very nice hunting rifles for the price. i have a cheap nikko striling 4-16x50 on it right now that i picked up on this site. i have ran it out to 600 yards on steel and it shoots very well.

Are you talkin about the predator or one of the other rifles i just mentioned?

i have the predator

In a creedmoor? Big Sky on this website has 2 predators and showed me a pic of a group with his 204 ruger at 100 yards and with factory ammo it was around 1/4 moa. (cant remember exactly) He said that his 22-250 get similar results consistently. Im trying to get all the info i can about this rifle before i get one.

Important to note that only "one" of those that posted actually has a Ruger Predator. A 5 shot 1/2" group isn't bad. Also he is right about that Hornady brass, well at least the first few runs weren't very good. From what I understand, they have improved it. Lastly, one has to consider the human factor as well. Some guys can get groups in the .1's and .2's and then someone else may only get .5" to 1" with the same rifle. I actually have a friend in MI that is happy if he can get a 5" group @ 100yds. Personally I'd quit hunting if that is all the better I could shoot. I only get concerned if no one can get a rifle to group under an inch. I have not run into anyone that actually owns a Ruger Predator that isn't getting under an inch and usually it's under 1/2". I feel confident saying that accuracy won't be much of a problem with a Ruger Predator.

Important to note that only "one" of those that posted actually has a Ruger Predator. A 5 shot 1/2" group isn't bad. Also he is right about that Hornady brass, well at least the first few runs weren't very good. From what I understand, they have improved it. Lastly, one has to consider the human factor as well. Some guys can get groups in the .1's and .2's and then someone else may only get .5" to 1" with the same rifle. I actually have a friend in MI that is happy if he can get a 5" group @ 100yds. Personally I'd quit hunting if that is all the better I could shoot. I only get concerned if no one can get a rifle to group under an inch. I have not run into anyone that actually owns a Ruger Predator that isn't getting under an inch and usually it's under 1/2". I feel confident saying that accuracy won't be much of a problem with a Ruger Predator.

I dont believe shooter error will be a problem because i throw 1/4 moa or under groups quite frequently with my dads Creedmoor. Im definitely going to get this rifle as soon as i get the $$$. Ive heard too much good stuff about it. And for 800 bucks you cant beat that!

Hopefully you will have as much luck with your rifle as I have had with mine. Oh and btw, I killed the first 16 coyotes I shot at in a row with this rifle before I missed one. Then I didn't miss again until coyote number 24. Pretty sweet rifle.
TroyCoyoteSept6DGood_zps850e2c67.jpg

Oh and just for the record here are the ranges on the 3 coyotes killed in the photo above from right to left.
First coyote: 120yds
Second coyote: 301yds
Third coyote: 380yds

Hopefully you will have as much luck with your rifle as I have had with mine. Oh and btw, I killed the first 16 coyotes I shot at in a row with this rifle before I missed one. Then I didn't miss again until coyote number 24. Pretty sweet rifle.
TroyCoyoteSept6DGood_zps850e2c67.jpg

Haha its nice to see those worthless pieces of crap on the ground! :D Ill let you all no how it shoots as soon as i get it in.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.