Ruger Picatinny rail

No. You have to buy after market. And most of the companies that make them require you to have the receiver drilled and tapped. Unless you go with this one
I recently bought this for my Hawkeye 22-250. It bolts on nice but I wish it had more slots up front. I'd honestly just stick to Leupold rings for the M77. Much better than the Ruger rings and it'll give you more scope adjustment over the Weigatinney base. Unless you want to have your receiver drilled and tapped for other brands of bases.

To bad Ruger doesn't make a drilled & tapped round top receiver. Would make everything much easier. The last few years I've had considerable problems with Ruger rings out of round, oversize, etc. Never used to have these problems years ago with better quality control. If Bill Ruger were still around you can bet these problems would not exist.

Buy the Leupold rings. I bought a set last year and they were right on the money for alignment. My Ruger rings were off. One was angled left and the other to the right. But I wanted to try the weigatinney. It's a nice base and bolts right on but there's room in the front for about 3 more slots which would be ideal but he doesn't machine them in because the front screws would be in the way.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.