Ruger Offset Rings? Want 20 M.O.A. Taper.

Buano

I've got a chance to pick up a Ruger MarkII Target rifle on a swap. This has the integral bases machined into the receiver. My concern is that there might not be scope rings to give me an offset to get the most range out of my scope. I'm looking to angle my scope down 20-30 minutes of elevation so I can use more of my turret adjustment for long-range shooting. Does anyone make offset rings for a Ruger rifle?

Last edited:
Re: Ruger Offset Rings?

I know Ruger did at one time , but that was long ago . I know because I bought one of the earliest Ruger Swifts , and could'nt get any of my Scopes close enough to my eye . You needed a really long tubed Scope . After a lot of complaints , Ruger brought out the offset Mounts . Leupold lists High and super High , 1 inch and 30 MM extension Mounts for the Ruger M77 .....don't know if the old M77 and new M77 take the same Mounts . You can Email Ruger and Leupold and ask .

Re: Ruger Offset Rings?

I know Ruger did at one time , but that was long ago . I know because I bought one of the earliest Ruger Swifts , and could'nt get any of my Scopes close enough to my eye . You needed a really long tubed Scope . After a lot of complaints , Ruger brought out the offset Mounts . Leupold lists High and super High , 1 inch and 30 MM extension Mounts for the Ruger M77 .....don't know if the old M77 and new M77 take the same Mounts . You can Email Ruger and Leupold and ask .

I don't mean offset fore or aft. I'm looking for rings offset in angle so I can get more elevation & range out of my scope.

Darn , I should read more carefully ! Burris did make the Signature plastic insert Rings for a M77 at one time so that you can adjust the Vertical Angle . They were discontinued , but I see them advertised for Sale every once & awhile .

I was contemplating, this. I was thinking, have a machinist mill off the top of the reciever, flat, with plenty left for strength, and drill/tap for base screws. Then mount 20-30MOA picatinney rail.

Or give a michinist the dimentions, to make a picatinney with 20-30MOA to fit ruger integral bases. Especially if it could be made to sit/staddle the integral base portion of the receiver.

what in the world are you trying to shoot??? just get a 30mm tubed scope that has 100 moa of elevation, that should get you will beyond 1000 yards. probably to 1500 or more.

I've already got two scopes that I would like to use (and save the cost of a new scope). Neither has enough turret adjustment without sloping the rings for what I want to be able to do.

I've talked to Ruger rep & he offered no advice or suggestions for sloped rings.

An email to Burris looking for availability of their Signature plastic insert Rings for a M77has yet to be answered.

Last edited:
the machine work to accomplish what you want will be expensive. Plus the cost of a picitanny rail. Plus new rings. Why not sell your other Scopes and buy a new one. Unless the Scopes you have will not bring any considerable amount of money. Just a thought.

If I find the rings I'm looking for, the cost in minor & problems are history. If I can't find the right rings, I simply won't swap for the rifle.

I had the same problem when trying to set up my swift in a ruger action. I found that burris makes base attachments that allow for their signature rings. These are available on opticplanet.com. I know the signature rings work because I have them on my 270 win with the 20moa offset. This will help a lot in keeping your adjustments in your scope.
(Bases) Burris Ruger to Weaver Redhawk Gloss Black Base Adapters (use with Zee Rings). 410990, 410992, 410991. Burris Riflescope Mounts, Rings & Bases.
(Rings) Burris Ruger to Weaver Redhawk Gloss Black Base Adapters (use with Zee Rings). 410990, 410992, 410991. Burris Riflescope Mounts, Rings & Bases.
(inserts) Burris Signature ***-Align Offset Insert Kits & Individual Inserts. 626016, 626018, 626017, 626019, 626024. Burris Signature Riflescope Mounts, Rings & Bases, Burris Riflescope Mounts, Rings & Bases.

the machine work to accomplish what you want will be expensive. Plus the cost of a picitanny rail. Plus new rings. Why not sell your other Scopes and buy a new one. Unless the Scopes you have will not bring any considerable amount of money. Just a thought.

Or, press into service your brother-in-law, with the vert. mill.

I know this is a month late, but the front and back Ruger rings are different heights. Perhaps you coul do some measurements and see what the angle would be if you switched them. I found this out by getting them mixed up before I knew better. Talk about a frustrating day at the range!