Ruger No. 1 Trigger

Black67

I am looking on getting the trigger to my Ruger No1 Stainless 7mm STW to a better feel. Right now, it is about a 5 lb pull weight that is creepy, and I have been spoiled by my M70 Laredo Sharpshooter's trigger, which is about 2.5 lbs and very sweet.

The Ruger trigger that is in right now is a 2 screw model. I could only find a few options for this, and was wondering what experience that you have them. I could find a Jard trigger at different pull weight and a Moyer that replicated the 3 screw trigger that Ruger had in older models.

I read that a Canjar is the one to have, but they are not made anymore. Also, the Kepplinger set trigger is on back order with everyone that might carry it.

Just looking for input and experience with any of these triggers for the Ruger No. 1.

I have a Moyers trigger in mine, set to 15 ounces. Easy to install, love it.

I was not aware you could safely get a Moyers trigger that low
I have #1V rifles with Canjar (22-250) and Kepplinger (6mm rem)
I definitely prefer the Kepplinger. Moyers is a copy of the early Ruger 3 screw
Rifle magazine had an article several years ago on improving the factory trigger 3 lbs is as low as I have been able to get it and still be safe

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.