Ruger MkII

Kgkimerer

Smith for a trigger job on a Ruger MkII Target. Any recommendations? All the ones around here have retired. Thanks!

Volquartsen makes target triggers, and they are moderately easy to install if you're at all mechanical. I've put them in both of my Mark II's with great results. They also make "Accurizing Kits" with all of their most popular modifications, so see if you'd rather get one of those.

If you've ever stripped the pistol down fully, you're likely in possession of enough skill to replace the trigger.

I've put VQ trigger kits in my MkIII and 22/45 Light, keep a cool head and don't get frustrated if it takes you a time or two before it goes back together and works properly. There is all kinds of videos you can watch to clue you into all the little secrets of proper re-assembly. It's been a few years since I did both of mine but I recall there being a couple little oddities like holding the gun vertical, it's been awhile so I don't exactly recall but I think there's a step where the mag has to be in. I think Sinclair had the one I watched as I was doing it and that was a huge help. It's not really all that difficult once you learn all the little oddities they have. By my second one, it was a piece of cake.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.