Ruger-made Marlin Rimfires - On the horizon?

rking453

I wanted to start a discussion for any information or speculation on any Ruger-made Marlin rimfire models going into production. Last time I reached out to Ruger to inquire if the Marlin Model 60 would be produced again, I got a generic "All updates on Marlin firearms can be found at the Marlin website."

Has anyone heard anything on Ruger reviving any of the Marlin rimfire models?

I sure would love a Ruger made Marlin 60.

They seem like they've been tracking through the catalog of what they left up on the website although rather slowly. My guess is they're going to have to get all the way through the Centerfire catalog before they start cranking out Rim fires again. Reality is Ruger competed pretty directly in several Rimfire categories with the American and 1022. Although it would not surprise me if they release some of the tubular fed Rim fires eventually.

Eventually bull runs turn into slumps in the gun Market, thats probably when ruger will broaden the catalog.

Although the ever-increasing list of restrictive States will likely push the model 60 to the front.

I have seen this discussion on other forums and the rationale presented was, "Ruger makes the 10/22 and the Marlin 60 would be a direct competitor to sales of an established semi-auto..." The consensus didn't think it would likely happen. At least not in the near future.

Probably a similar situation with the xt bolt action line vs the American line. The vie for budget feature bolt action sales.

Only thing I could see is ruger re launch a lever gun in the future in the next inevitable slow down, and maybe tube fed guns in the future.

Recent Posts