Ruger M77 / Picatinny rail?

Mike6158

Does anyone out there in know of a quality Picatinny rail that can be mounted to the built-in integral mount on a Ruger M77? Is that even practical? I'm a Remington guy so the M77 is a little foreign to me.

I don't believe it exists. If money is no object you ought to give Near Mfg a call, maybe he can make you a one of a kind. When I was looking everywhere for a picatinny rail for a Mark X he had one.

I have often considered having the Ruger integral bases machined off a couple of my old M77s and putting on some low rings and bases. It always bothered me that Ruger's lowest rings were not low enough.

Be sure to let us know if you find a system.

FWIW, Burris makes a "Ruger to Weaver" two piece adapter. Then the Signature Zee rings will attach to the "new" bases. I am not 100% sure, but I believe you can get 20moa inserts for those rings. If I am remembering correctly, they come standard with 10moa capability.

I know this isn't exactly what you were asking for, but it is an option if for some reason you cant find a one piece 1913 rail.?

Sell the M77 and get a Vanguard/Howa, Rem or Savage :)

:D I got a Savage. It's a beast. AND I got a 20 MOA base for the Ruger. But the Ruger just sits. I'm thinking about having it converted.

<edit> I got this thread mixed up with a post I made about my 10-22 a while back. The M-77 I was asking about was for my son and my nephew. I'll have to pass this info on to them. That's a nice looking Ruger (post after this one)

Last edited:
FWIW, Burris makes a "Ruger to Weaver" two piece adapter. Then the Signature Zee rings will attach to the "new" bases. I am not 100% sure, but I believe you can get 20moa inserts for those rings. If I am remembering correctly, they come standard with 10moa capability.

I know this isn't exactly what you were asking for, but it is an option if for some reason you cant find a one piece 1913 rail.?

That's exactly what I did on my M77 MKII ...

P2210382.jpg

Farrel makes them to fit Ruger and Murphy Precision does also. Myself i will be making my own for my Ruger 7mm rem mag. Likes the titanium from precision but not the cost.

i bought this one made buy B-square.. it looks like it would move around but it hold perfect on my 300 WM...
ht tp://swfa.com/B-Square-Ruger-to-Weaver-Base-Adapters-C613.aspx
i`d have to dig through the boxes to find the wrapper it came in for the part #
not a pica-tinny but its an option to get sum height and different rings in there...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.