Ruger M77 Mk II

Nebraska

Where should I go to have a Ruger M77 accurized?? I like Model 700s and I'll probably be accurizing one of those too but I really want a 3-position safety and I'm not a big fan of Winchester. If this is a poor investment or an exercise in frustration, please let me know.

Ruger are good and strong rifle but for accurazing job that another story

for low cost strong action try a CZ with just a 3 way safety one from after maker maker or a good FN action on a used action ( the very best Mauser action never made )

or a REM 700 used with 3 way you probaly get better accuracy from a Rem 700 just depend what level of accuracy you need and what caliber you plan to use .

new Win 70 worksmanship ( inside parts ) is not amazing in quality .

good shooting

DAN TEC

Nebraska-

If you're not dead set on a Ruger M77, you can put a 3 position safety on a Rem M700 for less than you'd spend to tune up the Ruger. Go to www.brownells.com to see a good selection of 3 position M700 safeties. If you already have a M77, and don't have the M700 yet, then it may be worth your while. I don't have a specific recommendation for a M77 'smith, but I'm sure somebody can do it for you.

I think the Ruger is a fine rifle, and have a nice one in 30-06, but in the end, for any "custom" work, you're better off going with the Remington.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.