Ruger M77 .338WM--what do I do with it?

SoTex

So I have this rifle in the back of the safe and it does not do much there. Its one of the old M77s with the tang safety, wood stocked, and like the title mentions- a .338 win mag. Cool gun, got a good deal on it, put a couple hundred rounds through it and now it just sits in my safe. It shoots fine, 1.5 moa or so and has killed many a critter but I am pretty much done with it. So what should I do with it now? I know M77 actions aren't much for building on in the accuracy department and not many smiths will touch them so should I just sell the thing? I hate to do that, its been a good rifle, but I just do not really have a use for the thing anymore. I know I am not the only guy with this issue so what has everyone else done?

Mate keep it as your brush gun and use it in the thick stuff . Wilst we all love to lower the boomb on many a large critter at range sometimes we all like to get up close and personal.:D

they dont go bad and if its not hurting anything and u dont need the money hang on to it never hurts to have a spare or two to take others along shooting

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.