Ruger Kodiak Model 77 Long Range Target Rifle And A Riton 6-24x50 Rt-s5

ADMIN

Administrator
ADMIN submitted a new Article:

Ruger Kodiak Model 77 Long Range Target Rifle And A Riton 6-24x50 Rt-s5

RUGER KODIAK MODEL 77 LONG RANGE TARGET RIFLE
AND A RITON 6-24X50 RT-S5 SCOPE
By John Johnston

In 1962 Remington came out with their 7mm Remington Magnum. It was a surprise for the sporting arms industry since metric rounds had not been especially popular in USA up to then. Remington designed the round to fit their 700 long action. Winchester could not be out done and the next year produced a round they called the .300 Winchester Magnum. Both rounds are based on the tried and...

Read more about this article here...

I really like this rifle, that Ruger has come up with, and I'm not a Ruger kind of guy, but I want one of these!
This seems to be smart and well thought rifle: Stock, heavy barrel, brake, detachable mag, heavy weight and usable calibers. I'd like to try it in 300 PRC though?

Well presented article. I want to get one of these rifles for myself now. What are you thoughts on the performance and quality of the Riton scope compared to similar priced scopes from Leupold, Nikon and Vortex.

Well presented article. I want to get one of these rifles for myself now. What are you thoughts on the performance and quality of the Riton scope compared to similar priced scopes from Leupold, Nikon and Vortex.
For less than $600 it is a good scope. With 71MOAof elevation it can get you way out there. It is very clear with great ability to gather light. I have many brands of scopes in varying price levels. The elevation puts it ahead of Leupold in that area. But Leupolds long time reputation and no fault warranty are hard to beat. Like I said in the article I have three on hunting rifles. It is better than a Nikon and Vortex in the price range.

I really like this rifle, that Ruger has come up with, and I'm not a Ruger kind of guy, but I want one of these!
This seems to be smart and well thought rifle: Stock, heavy barrel, brake, detachable mag, heavy weight and usable calibers. I'd like to try it in 300 PRC though?
I imagine it may come out in 300 PRC when it gets some interest. The .300 Win mag has a much better selection of ammunition available.

Very well written article on this rifle and scope. I've had a M77 in 7mm Rem Mag since the early 90's and love it. Very accurate rifle and well made. Ruger makes a very good rifle imo. I'd really like to see this model offered in 7mm if some kind, and a 338 Lapua would be an excellent high power round for this gun too.

Front action screw at 95 in. lbs. Maybe that's why none of my 77's shot well. The one in the article sure did though.

Ruger and their short mag boxes. A target gun that can't accept some factory ammo. Predictably and endlessly annoying. Sure does shoot though.

Front action screw at 95 in. lbs. Maybe that's why none of my 77's shot well. The one in the article sure did though.

Ruger and their short mag boxes. A target gun that can't accept some factory ammo. Predictably and endlessly annoying. Sure does shoot though.
Those torque figures were for that particular model. If I was use you, I would email Ruger about your rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.