Ruger Hawkeye

mike06

Buddy of mine just bought a Hawkeye 77 6.5 Creedmoor Long Range Hunter that has a laminate stock. I did some work on the trigger spring and found that the torque for the angled receiver bolt is like 95 inch lbs. This receiver only has two screws and it being a laminate stock 95 inch lbs. seems like a lot to me. If anyone knows anything different please let me know. Thanks Mike

Buddy of mine just bought a Hawkeye 77 6.5 Creedmoor Long Range Hunter that has a laminate stock. I did some work on the trigger spring and found that the torque for the angled receiver bolt is like 95 inch lbs. This receiver only has two screws and it being a laminate stock 95 inch lbs. seems like a lot to me. If anyone knows anything different please let me know. Thanks Mike
I can't say for sure if 95 in/lbs is exactly right but I think that's close. The rugers have the angled front screw. So it's not compressing like as a screw pulling straight down. Also, laminate stocks are a lot tougher than most people think. I've had manners, HS, etc.... The laminates are among the stiffest if not the stiffest of stocks.

It seems pretty stiff for sure and the barrel is floated. I like the bedding in my HS stocks may have to bed this down the line. Have not fired it yet hope to try it out Tuesday. Thanks

It seems pretty stiff for sure and the barrel is floated. I like the bedding in my HS stocks may have to bed this down the line. Have not fired it yet hope to try it out Tuesday. Thanks
I've had a bunch of hs stocks. I really like them. I like the old ones the best. It seems like the older HS stocks were stiffer than some of the newer ones are. I've had several laminate stocks. I like the laminates for being the stiffest but they are somewhat heavier.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.