Ruger: Hawkeye or Mark II with Timney trigger

a3dhunter

First off, I am new to forum and seeking some general advice. Looking to purchase a new rifle and after doing some checking, both in person and on line I have pretty much decided on a Ruger m77 in 7mm with a laminate stock.

The choice comes down to the hawkeye at $700 or the mark II at $500 and a timney trigger ($110-120 from what I find) making total cost with tax $670.

I am leaning towards the mark II.

mark 2 with timney.
I bought a hawkeye up here in canada but it was the same price as the Mark 2. If you are saving that money, the trigger will probably make the mark 2 nicer. Are they two stage?

The trigger is not a two stage.
Nobody had responded and I actually forgot I opened this thread.

I ended up getting the Mark II and due to availabilty went with a Rifle Basix trigger replacement.

I am very pleased with this rifle. It is everything I wanted and don't see myself ever getting rid of it....BTW, I haven't even shot it yet! LOL

Still waiting on the scope rings from Ruger. The rifle came with 1" med height rings, I need high mount 30mm rings so I had to send the original rings back to Ruger.
Going with a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 mm scope on it.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.