Ruger Hawkeye in .280 Remington !

6mm Remington

The 280 Remington is back in the Ruger line-up!!

Ruger just announced that the Hawkeye Sporter with the laminate stock and ss barrel and action is going to also be chambered in .280 Remington. I have as of immediately started saving my coins for one of these. It's great to see Ruger chamber this wonderful cartridge as it's just too good to let it die on the vine!

This should be a fantastic rifle and I cannot wait to get one!
David

In the 1990's my son bought a Ruger Mark II in 280 Rem., and that rifle is a deer killing machine. He has been shooting 140 Nosler Accubonds at about 2900 ft/sec and the results speak for themselves.

i got a new ruger hawkeye in 280 rem almost 2 years ago. its a sweet shooting beast with 160 gr accubonds!

I recently traded a 270 Hawkeye All-Weather in for a 280 Hawkeye All-Weather due to accuracy issues. From what I can see with the 280, that will no longer be an issue. It's nice to see Ruger making another run of 280's. One thing I noticed is that the twist rate is different on the new ones compared to the new old-stock one that I traded for. Mine is supposed to be a 9.5 to 1 and the new ones for 2012 are 10 to 1. What's a better twist on the 280? Why the change?

I just checked on the Ruger site to make sure I gave you the correct information, and the new Hawkeye Sporter in 280 is listed as having a 1:9.5 twist same as what yours is now. Hope that helps.

You're right, I seen the 10 to 1 ratio posted on another site and didn't follow up on Ruger's to confirm it. At least I gave your thread a bump to the top. It's nice to see some gun manufacturers are keeping the 280 offerings available.

You're right, I seen the 10 to 1 ratio posted on another site and didn't follow up on Ruger's to confirm it. At least I gave your thread a bump to the top. It's nice to see some gun manufacturers are keeping the 280 offerings available.

You are absolutely correct on that. It is just too good to let it die on the vine.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.