Ruger Hawkeye Alaskan Trigger

merbeau

Hi

I just purchased a Ruger 77 Hawkeye Alaskan in 375 Ruger caliber ANIB with upgraded wood. This is my first Ruger purchase and I knew going in the trigger may not be the best. It is pretty bad. I have a trigger pull gauge and it is 7lbs and it is my understanding the trigger can not be adjusted.

Been looking around and SPEC industries (M77 Hawkeye Triggers - Spec-Tech Industries Inc.) seems to make a replacement that has the adjustment that I am looking for 1 - 4 lbs. I am looking for 2.75 to 3 lb pull. Has anyone had any experience with these triggers?

Thanks

Robert

Hi

I just purchased a Ruger 77 Hawkeye Alaskan in 375 Ruger caliber ANIB with upgraded wood. This is my first Ruger purchase and I knew going in the trigger may not be the best. It is pretty bad. I have a trigger pull gauge and it is 7lbs and it is my understanding the trigger can not be adjusted.

Been looking around and SPEC industries (M77 Hawkeye Triggers - Spec-Tech Industries Inc.) seems to make a replacement that has the adjustment that I am looking for 1 - 4 lbs. I am looking for 2.75 to 3 lb pull. Has anyone had any experience with these triggers?

Thanks

Robert

I have a Spec-Tech trigger set at 2 LBS on my Ruger M77 MKII in 338 WM (http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f22/ruger-m77-mkii-facelift-range-report-40952/) since 2009 and am very pleased with it.

Good luck!

Ed

Hi Ed

Thank you for the reply. Glad to hear that the Spec trigger worked well for you. I am going to initially try a lighter spring and polish the LC6 trigger but my guess is that that will not help out tremendously. I will then purchase an aftermarket trigger and Spec Tech seems to be a good one.

Thanks

Robert

I have a Hawkeye in 223 and as stated the trigger is well, lousey.
I have considered replacing it, but then for the use i give it im not anxious to do that.
Ive recently read on another site about (Ernie the gunsmith trigger springs.) All that
posted were happy with the results they got including with Ruger. I think 6 bucks.

I have a Hawkeye in 223 and as stated the trigger is well, lousey.
I have considered replacing it, but then for the use i give it im not anxious to do that.
Ive recently read on another site about (Ernie the gunsmith trigger springs.) All that
posted were happy with the results they got including with Ruger. I think 6 bucks.

Yes, I came across this site while doing a little research. According to his post the trigger pull typically is reduced by 1 - 1.5 lbs which for some rifles with pulls from 4 to 5 lbs may work just fine. I am going to try this option first and see what happens. For $6 it is worth the effort before investing $100 or more.

Robert

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.