Ruger American

Been trying to find them and partition
Partition don't have the BC compared to AccuBond. Everything is in short supply presently, and probable for a long time to come. Being it's a 308 I would look at a 150gr or 165gr bullets to get some velocity out of it unless you have a high rate of twist. As far as manufactures go I have a model 77 mark 11 in 338 w.m. It groups very good in almost everything I have put through it. The only thing I did was replaced the dam trigger. Down to about 1.5 lbs from about an 8 pound trigger. I did put a muzzle brake on it too. Tamed the recoil down.

Hello again, well I haven't heard this much down talk on the predator from ruger, but that statement is political. But I have two of the rifles 6.5 creedmoor and 22.250 I couldn't feel more comfort in picking either up to make a shot and having to worry . Hate to hear all you have been thru. Best of what you have to do.

Okay I've heard good and bad but that's with all rifle companies.i had one of the original ruger American in 308 it shot good with any factory ammo I tryed and that was usely cheap stuff like I said I'm going to keep messing with it and hope for the best.

Hello good people, the gentlemen just said a good check out on the torque, I have four two with the 16.25 inch barrel and two of the predator and all of these are shooting quarter size groups at 100 yds. I have the 300 b o, 223, 22.250, 6.5 creedmoor. Best of luck with yours.

I had the same issue with my RA 308. I could not get it to shoot my handloads or factory loads under an 1.5 inches at 100 yes from a solid bench rest. I even put a new Magpul stock on it but to no avail. I sent back to Ruger, they installed a new barrel and new stock. They enclosed a 3 shot target showing the gun was shooting .75 inches with their ammo.

When I got it back, I put it back in the Magpul stock and it will shoot .75 inch with factory ammo and .5 with my hand loads from the bench.

Don't tell Ruger you handload or they will very quickly explain to you it is your ammo not their firearm. I learned that the hard way about 30 years ago.

Good luck.

Very good stingray69 glad it worked out , I like mine to the point that I carry it in the truck at all times, hate you had to go thru all that guess I've been lucky. I'm even looking for one in the predator in 243. Good luck.

No reason to add or do anything to the gun other than call Ruger. These guns are great shooters and ruger guarantees them to shoot 1". Let ruger make it right.
Absolutely, I have bought them for nephew's. If they do not shoot I return them. If they still do not shoot I send them back again.
This strategy works great.

I have a ruger Mark II in a 338 W. Mag. Shot about 1/2" groups at a 100yds. I am pushing a 200gr AccuBond @ 3230fps with win brass. It's in a 24" barrel. I did put a trigger in it, and added a muzzle brake on it too.. I know that most Rugers have a heavy trigger pull. I don't shot over the counter ammo ever in center fire case.

I have the Ruger American go wild in 6.5 creedmoor. After bringing the rifle home I noticed that the barrel was off set in the stock. When looking at the rifle from the top it was very noticeable (see picture). I called Ruger and they sent me a new stock (Great service) . I put it on and it is better but the barrel doesn't exactly lay in the exact middle of the stock. It shoots well, but it is a bit annoying. Ruger said to call back if the problem isn't solved. Curios if anyone else had this issue?

Attachments

• AA5D6609-2C59-4397-838E-286BAC7BD7D1.jpeg
    AA5D6609-2C59-4397-838E-286BAC7BD7D1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
I have the Ruger American go wild in 6.5 creedmoor. After bringing the rifle home I noticed that the barrel was off set in the stock. When looking at the rifle from the top it was very noticeable (see picture). I called Ruger and they sent me a new stock (Great service) . I put it on and it is better but the barrel doesn't exactly lay in the exact middle of the stock. It shoots well, but it is a bit annoying. Ruger said to call back if the problem isn't solved. Curios if anyone else had this issue?
That a bit out of line. Something is wrong with the alinement between the action and the stock. Looks like they aren't milling the stock to center the action and barrel or there mold isn't set up correctly. A friend of mine had a 243 in saco (Not sure of spelling) with a plastic stock. I had to re-leave the stock on one side which and floated the barrel which help a bunch. I don't think much of plastic stocks. My stock that I talked about is wood. I still the 22 mag.

My go wild in 308 was like that tut not all way to one side.i did some drimmle work on it but I'm looking for a new stock for it now just hate the way it looks with barrel not center