Ruger American

I had a ruger american predator, it always shot hood but the addition of a timney and a B&C stock helped me shoot it easier. The factory stock doesn't fit me very well. Anyways ya might think about that. Itll be some money but youve had it this long 🤷‍♂️
That said, with all the ammo youve tried, Ruger would replace it im sure.

If ya do send it back, "its totally stock"

I had a ruger american predator, it always shot hood but the addition of a timney and a B&C stock helped me shoot it easier. The factory stock doesn't fit me very well. Anyways ya might think about that. Itll be some money but youve had it this long 🤷‍♂️
That said, with all the ammo youve tried, Ruger would replace it im sure.

If ya do send it back, "its totally stock"
Yea I'm looking at a b&c stock as well but will have to change to rotary mag do you happen to have the inside measurement of that style mag.and as far as factory ammo I've tryed Winchester deer season xp and hornady superformance sst besides that I shoot hand loads in it.ive done some more load work and got it shooting under moa now but I know the stock is part of my problem

My max coal was of 2.84, with 6.5CM.

I thot the B&C stocks allowed both style mags. Or wait, is there a 3rd now?? Which do you have?
Also did you have any fitment issues with yours I've read couple reviews were people had to send the stocks or drimmle places down were high spots were or in the barrel channel? Mine is basically a predator model with 22inch barrel and cerakote and ai style mag and factory brake

You stated that you used several different powders, primers, and cases. Did You: Weight the brass, Deburr the primer pocket, Did you cut your necks for thickness, Annealing, check your COAL to rifling, Varget power is quick. Might look at a slow burning rate powder.

I have since bought new brass and 2 other powders and couple other bullets to try in it soon to check it out farther I did get it down to under moa I'm not giving up on it yet

As far as my reloads I've used hornady,lapua and Winchester brass.bullets I've used hornady 165gr sst,serria 165 tipped game changer, barnes ttsx 150gr,powder I've used varget,tac and big game and federal 210m and cci br primers.factory stuff I've shot Winchester deer season xp when I first got it hornady superformance sst and I believe one other brand
Odd, I have only shot 4 of those and all were sub MOA out of the box.
Did you take a close look at the crown?

Odd, I have only shot 4 of those and all were sub MOA out of the box.
Did you take a close look at the crown?
I have and I've done a really good cleaning job as well and went back through all mounting screws again and double check scope on another rifle.the stock is touching on right side and the trigger wont turn down anymore I believe this is most of my problem it always shoots first 2 shots touching then 3rd shot right under inch away kind of up and to right about 1/4 inch

Hello all I'm not sure who all on here owns ruger American rifles on here but i have a ruger American go wild in 308 that i picked up back in January and at the time i wasnt a member on here yet nor did i hand load which if I'd knew then what i know now i wouldnt have bought it but any ways the one i have i can now get to shoot better than a 1 1/4 inch 3 shot group at 100 yards I've tryed 3 different bullets in 3 different weights and 3 different powders and 2 different primes and 3 different kinds of brass and that's the best I can get it to shoot and with factory ammo it wont shoot less than 1 1/2 inch groups.any one else ever had one like this? I'm about to sell the rifle due to I'm tired of waiting time with it.and I've check everything one the rifle the action screws have been torque the factory rail I took off cleaned and lock tight and torque back on I've tryed with a different muzzle brake and without a break and even free floated the barrel more I'm stump with it.ive cleaned it like crazy thanking it had build up I dont know what to do besides change the stock or sell it.any advice would be much appreciated thanks
In my experience the problem lies in their Tupperware stock, where they save most of their money. If you want it accurate you're best off replacing the stock, and/or aluminum/epoxy bedding the action. But you're better off with a different gun. They're decent for the money but at the end of the day, budget rifles are low cost for a reason. They can't all be tack drivers, as much as we all wish they would be.