Ruger American

I put a MagPul stock on mine before I sent it to Ruger. It did not make any difference. After Ruger changed the barrel it shoots well.

I also own American 30-06 and it shoots sub .5 MOA with my handmade.

Good gun for the money, but I did get a lemon in the 308 and Ruger corrected the issue.

Hello good people has been awhile, ruger American, I have the 300 black out, 223, the American predator I have the 6.5 creedmoor and the 22 .250. The only problem I had was the lady with customer service telling me that I needed to shoot a 45 gr bullet with a 1 in 8 twist. So after ordering the 62 gr hollow point I'm clover leaf at 100 yds. Took some playing around but it's good now. No problem with any of the others.👍

Anyone who has replaced a stock on a ruger predator 6.5 Creed have any model numbers or websites for replacements? Keeping in mind that I only paid $400 for the gun and don't really want to pay $800+ for a stock!

Hello all I'm not sure who all on here owns ruger American rifles on here but i have a ruger American go wild in 308 that i picked up back in January and at the time i wasnt a member on here yet nor did i hand load which if I'd knew then what i know now i wouldnt have bought it but any ways the one i have i can now get to shoot better than a 1 1/4 inch 3 shot group at 100 yards I've tryed 3 different bullets in 3 different weights and 3 different powders and 2 different primes and 3 different kinds of brass and that's the best I can get it to shoot and with factory ammo it wont shoot less than 1 1/2 inch groups.any one else ever had one like this? I'm about to sell the rifle due to I'm tired of waiting time with it.and I've check everything one the rifle the action screws have been torque the factory rail I took off cleaned and lock tight and torque back on I've tryed with a different muzzle brake and without a break and even free floated the barrel more I'm stump with it.ive cleaned it like crazy thanking it had build up I dont know what to do besides change the stock or sell it.any advice would be much appreciated thanks
From what you have written in your thread, it seems like there are a number of variables that could be giving you trouble. You have mentioned all of the basics here, torquing all the receiver screws and scope base screws, usually that is my first recommendation. When you took the factory rail off did make certain that the screws were not too long and bottoming out before they could be tightened? Just because it came from the factory and was installed at the factory, it doesn't mean that the screws are what they ought to be. I didn't notice where you changed out the scope to one from a rifle that you know "will" shoot and has been verified not to have any issues. I know this is a PITA, but.....this rifle is giving you angina that you do not want or need. I had one American in .358 Winchester that was pretty much a two-shot one hole rifle, but.....due to the thin barrel--.35 caliber--after that the third shot was an inch away from those two. My last thought is, if you want to go that route, is to contact Ruger to find out if you can get any satisfaction through them. I read where you have tried different weight bullets, "exactly" what bullets did you try and "what" weight bullets did you try in your rifle? With the exception of one rifle, my father's Remington, I have a safe full of Rugers, some of them shoot, but.....most of them needed some stock work. I pillar bed, then glass bed the rifle, and....float the barrel .020 thousandths from four inches in front of the recoil lug. Usually with that work done the rifles will become tack drivers. I have a Ruger 77 that does not like one particular powder, however when I changed the powder--4831to 4350--the groups really tightened up; so.....it could be your reloads? I have two Ruger 77s in 35 Whelen, both done by the same gunsmith, using the same components and the same reamer, my son's rifle does not like one particular load and bullet that mine likes and visa versa. I just threw this out, not trying to be disrespectful at all; helping to trouble shoot this issue. And......lastly you could have a rifle that just isn't going to shoot!!

Here's my Ruger American Predator. Its fun to out shoot people at the range with it

Attachments

• 20200608_092528.jpg
    20200608_092528.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
Hello all I'm not sure who all on here owns ruger American rifles on here but i have a ruger American go wild in 308 that i picked up back in January and at the time i wasnt a member on here yet nor did i hand load which if I'd knew then what i know now i wouldnt have bought it but any ways the one i have i can now get to shoot better than a 1 1/4 inch 3 shot group at 100 yards I've tryed 3 different bullets in 3 different weights and 3 different powders and 2 different primes and 3 different kinds of brass and that's the best I can get it to shoot and with factory ammo it wont shoot less than 1 1/2 inch groups.any one else ever had one like this? I'm about to sell the rifle due to I'm tired of waiting time with it.and I've check everything one the rifle the action screws have been torque the factory rail I took off cleaned and lock tight and torque back on I've tryed with a different muzzle brake and without a break and even free floated the barrel more I'm stump with it.ive cleaned it like crazy thanking it had build up I dont know what to do besides change the stock or sell it.any advice would be much appreciated thanks
I have 2 Americans and 2 Predators got all 4 to shoot very good. Burger Bullets and Nosler

From what you have written in your thread, it seems like there are a number of variables that could be giving you trouble. You have mentioned all of the basics here, torquing all the receiver screws and scope base screws, usually that is my first recommendation. When you took the factory rail off did make certain that the screws were not too long and bottoming out before they could be tightened? Just because it came from the factory and was installed at the factory, it doesn't mean that the screws are what they ought to be. I didn't notice where you changed out the scope to one from a rifle that you know "will" shoot and has been verified not to have any issues. I know this is a PITA, but.....this rifle is giving you angina that you do not want or need. I had one American in .358 Winchester that was pretty much a two-shot one hole rifle, but.....due to the thin barrel--.35 caliber--after that the third shot was an inch away from those two. My last thought is, if you want to go that route, is to contact Ruger to find out if you can get any satisfaction through them. I read where you have tried different weight bullets, "exactly" what bullets did you try and "what" weight bullets did you try in your rifle? With the exception of one rifle, my father's Remington, I have a safe full of Rugers, some of them shoot, but.....most of them needed some stock work. I pillar bed, then glass bed the rifle, and....float the barrel .020 thousandths from four inches in front of the recoil lug. Usually with that work done the rifles will become tack drivers. I have a Ruger 77 that does not like one particular powder, however when I changed the powder--4831to 4350--the groups really tightened up; so.....it could be your reloads? I have two Ruger 77s in 35 Whelen, both done by the same gunsmith, using the same components and the same reamer, my son's rifle does not like one particular load and bullet that mine likes and visa versa. I just threw this out, not trying to be disrespectful at all; helping to trouble shoot this issue. And......lastly you could have a rifle that just isn't going to shoot!!
Thank you for your input.and to answer some of your questions I have tryed a different scope and yes the screws aren't to long I did check that when changing scopes.and I have a list on here about what powders bullets and primers ive used and what brass.im planning on ordering some more powder and bullets any ways to try in my other 308 so if I do decide to keep it I will try what I buy in it as well.i thank its either not going to shoot or I need to do a trigger and stock job I just dont see the rifle being worth putting more money in to

I did not see where you said you adjusted seating depth. It can make a big difference sometimes.
I though I'd put it on there but yes I've went from .010 off to .050 off with.shoots the best at .015 with one bullet and .023 with another I will be trying some more with the solid copper bullets I've got and see if I can get them to shoot better than a inch

Im sorry if my pic did that. Still lmao......didnt mean to do that. Just proud of the little rifle. Still lmao.....my dad has a ruger precision rifle. I believe he feels this way when i get the 400 dollar rifle out . However his rem 783 just about out shoots my ruger. I love to see him smile.