Ruger advice

Mainmechanic

Two questions. #1 - Ruger 77 mkii 257 Roberts factory wood stock. Does anyone know what barrel contour this stock could be reliably opened up to ? #2 - Read some where on here that I can't locate now that the Ruger American rifles plastic bottom metal can be directly replaced with Savage 110 bottom metal ? Thanks gentlemen as always.

#1 I have a Shilen Light Palma in my M77 Mark2 with factory stock opened to fit. I can't help but feel you could still get a Heavy Palma to fit. My length is 28". A shorter barrel would make it so less stock had to be removed to work.

#2 Ruger Americans. At least mine does not have a "bottom metal" The Bottom metal" is built right into the plastic stock even the trigger guard is part of the stock.

Last edited:
M, Boyd's has a trigger guard and mag release for $30. Don't know if its plastic or metal. If you order one of their stocks, the guard and release come with it for the American.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.