Ruger 6.5 Creedmoor Review

With 140 g Berger ,41.0 g H4350 I get just over 2700fps out of a Mcgowen 8 twist bbl

OK- so with the berger published BC of .612 for that bullet she is still moving out about 2000 FPS and 1200 FT-LBs at 500 yds.

To me that would make a nice deer or sheep rifle. Combine that with a light weight rifle it shouldnt be all that bad to shoot off the bench either.

I is a fine loading. I have that particular barrel in a# 3 contour and shoots half moa as long asits allowed to cool between shots after the first 2 or three. In other words there is some wander in that light barrel as it heats. I have a custo turret on it and I shoots exactly how it's set up to do. I can not use it as a competition barrel but it is a fine hunting prone rig. Hope this helps some..

Hey folks, Browning long range rifles in 6.5C are now available in select dealers who ordered them at the Shot Show. I just got one from Buds (on line) and will give a report soon. These were a limited run.

Just finished reading your review of the Ruger 6.5 creedmoor in the review you talked about bullet weights of 120gr and above. I have a ruger in the target model 6.5 creedmoor have a burris 6x24x50 on it.I plan to use it for groundhogs in pa.I just started reloading for myself and was thinking about useing the 95gr v-max bullets.Anyone have any thoughts and or suggestion on the bullets size.

The barrel twist is not quite slow enough to get the best accuracy out of a 95gr bullet. If you want to try them, push them as fast as you can. This often works with light bullets in fast twist barrels. Let me know how it goes.

I got my first 6.5 Creedmoor a couple weeks ago. I really like it. ! So far it is seeming to be a half inch rifle. Mine is the Hawkeye with the 26" barrel. I wanted the VT model with the 28" barrel but my dealer couldn't find one. I actually get so excited to shoot it that its hard to calm down and shoot good. I really like it! Not too big, not too small not too fast or too slow. Just right. .
Not saying its better than the 260, 6.5x55 or 6.5x 47 . But I don't think its inferior either.
Mainly it's in a Ruger and so I like and trust it.

Your Ruger should shoot well. I own many 6.5 caliber rifles and each one is different but overall there is not too much difference between cartridges. The difference usually is in the rifles they are chambered. In fact I have a new Browning A bolt LRH 6.5C ready to be sighted in today if the Texas winds calm down.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts