Ruger 44 carbine

tooth doc

Not really a long range rifle but i love the ruger 44 carbine. Does anyone know a smith really savvy with this rifle. Will not cycle. Has been thoroughly cleaned, including the gas system. Help appreciated.

I used Rody's Gun Shop in New Hampshire (603) 863-three three 56.
I had the same problem. I would have to look up the exact work and parts but they fixed it. Shoots like it should again. Good luck!

I've had two of them; the older version and the newer one that had a mini14 like action. Ruger would not service the older gun because there hasn't been parts for them in a decade. The newer version (now also discontinued) could probably be serviced by Ruger.

Both of mine were reliable shooters and could print 2" groups with a preferred handload. They were devastating on whitetails at moderate range.

I've had two of them; the older version and the newer one that had a mini14 like action. Ruger would not service the older gun because there hasn't been parts for them in a decade. The newer version (now also discontinued) could probably be serviced by Ruger.

Both of mine were reliable shooters and could print 2" groups with a preferred handload. They were devastating on whitetails at moderate range.
Mine is an older gun with loading tube, not the one with the rotary mag. Gr8 gun, but not too much fun as a single shot.

I had one like yours and the feed ramp became worn and rough after very few firings.sent it back and Ruger fixed it. Check yours. If that's the problem you may be able to stone it and make it function. Just a wild guess but won't hurt to check. Good luck with it. Mine worked best with round nosed bullets like the remington hollow points.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.