Ruger #1 "COMPETENT" gunsmith needed.

STEEL SLINGER

Hello everyone. I have a Ruger #1 that I want to have re-barreled to another caliber and accurized. I know the #1's have accuracy issues and there are many ways to combat and correct the various problems. . .I just do not what is the best or "CORRECT" method. I would like to know of any smiths that you all have used that can be referred to me that either specialize or are competent in doing the complete job. Thank you.

I completely did one in 25 06. Full B&C stock, barrel tensioner, Trigger. Everything It is a shooter!

Only if you like 2.5 inches at 100 yds no matter what. Pretty good for a number one.

Save your money.

I completely did one in 25 06. Full B&C stock, barrel tensioner, Trigger. Everything It is a shooter!

Only if you like 2.5 inches at 100 yds no matter what. Pretty good for a number one.

Save your money.

WOW. . .sorry to here you had such a bad experience with your #1. I have two that are factory guns and one is a 25-06 and it will shoot 110gr. Accubonds inside an inch all day. The other is a 45/70 and it like the Partitions and it is not as accurate as the 25-06, but it will still hold them inside 1 3/4". I have three 6.5 cartridges in mind for the `Ole No. 1 for a build. There has to be some smith out there that knows how to build a shooter #1. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts