Roy's New Baby

MT4XFore

As most of you know, Royinidaho has been in SLC for awhile and it has come to my attention that he has a new baby!!! I have been assured that the gestation period for this baby was such that there is no possibility of any hanky panky on someone else's part. The baby was born in the APS hosipital and the attending physician was Dr. Kirby Allen,CFF (creator of Fine firearms). To the best of my knowledge the baby's vital statistics are:
BAT action, 1.55 X 8.5 single shot
BIG Pac-Nor barrel with 1-10 twist (I think)
Large 5 port APS Painkiller brake
Jewell Trigger
A-5 McMillian stock- green, tan and black
Pretty Nightforce eyes (5.5X22X56) with 4 NF rings
40 moa base pinned to reciever
At birth the baby weighed about 19 LBS. BIG BABY!!

Here is a view of the new girl in the nursery:

100_0177.jpg

That's her in the middle there. While I was visiting the hospital the young lass was taken outside help acclimate her to the fall air:

100_0178.jpg

It was pretty easy to tell it was a girl because of her pretty eyes and her big mouth:

100_0179.jpg

As you can see , she was crying and asking to be fed above. She does have a special diet:

100_0182.jpg

She consumes the big ole cartridge at the left and then poops out those little "pellets" on the table there. She is pretty rude, however, cause she will poop out 350 gr. "pellets" at around 3300 fps.
She also has a unique birthmark :

100_0180-1.jpg

As you can see, she is really a purty little gal. Dr. Allen does a splendid job of creating fine firearms:

100_0181.jpg

I certainly congratulate Roy on his new "little" girl. Here's hoping they have a long happy relationship!

Last edited:
Whooo Hoooo!!!!!!!

That's way better than those ultra sounds I've been seeing of grand kids!

Am I pump'd or what!

Showed the pic to the wiffie. Dumb move! She said "I hope it shoots as good as it looks". I said "I will!"

She then asks "Who are you going to leave it to?" like I'm gonna kick the bucket any moment! :rolleyes: I immediately responded "No one! That suckers goin' in the box with me, and no time soon!":)

Thanks to all the members of here for making this possible. (One man's final act of defiance!):) Leaving the only important thing left on the bucket list of bagging a LRH _ _ _ _!

Here's the credits:
BAT action, 1.55 X 8.5 single shot - Thanks to Earl Foreacre an LRH member from Florida.
BIG Pac-Nor barrel with 1-10 twist (I think) - Thanks to Earl Foreacre - yep 10 twist
Large 5 port APS Painkiller brake - Way to go Kirby! - LRH Sponsor.
Jewell Trigger - From Jewell
A-5 McMillian stock- green, tan and black - Thanks to TMR (Yep it is green -I like it)
Pretty Nightforce eyes (5.5X22X56) with 4 NF rings - Thanks to B J Bailey @ 3rd Gen. for the scope and Kirby for the rings. - LRH Sponsor
40 moa base pinned to receiver - If its 40 MOA thanks to Kirby as I think the one from Earl was 20 MOA. (probably not enough reach :D)

For once in my life I finally think I've dreamed big enough! Feels good....

Wife just asked where I'm going to keep it? (In a 1 bedroom apts are no secrets) I promptly responded with "Right in the bed between you and me!" A pic of the couch quickly flashed in my mind as I said that.:rolleyes: For me not the rifle.

Thanks MT4X. I really appreciate your doing this. Your post is the first that I've seen the components. Being assembled is even better.

Last edited:
I don't know Roy-------that "Child" looks like the UPS Man to me!! Someone has some "Splanin" to do!!!!

HEHEHEHE!!!!!!!

WOW, Roy it's finally done and man it look awesome, no doubt an elk will get to hold one of those 350's. What the heck are you going to shoot those into to catch one? :D WOW, congratulations!!!!

Roy,
Congrats!!!
Very nice rig you are getting.
I hope it shoots very, very well.
It does look very nice, and you seem to be very, very happy with it.
ENJOY IT A LOT gun)gun)gun)

WHen I accuracy tested the rifle I only shot it 6 times at 1000 yards. Bore sighted it and took the first shot, then made a scope adjustment. The target I was shooting at was a 1/4 moa sized white rock in a clean bed of dirt on a steep hillside.

Second shot landed about 1/2 moa high, dead center windage wise. Third shot landed in the same crater, fourth shot made the crater slightly larger but not by much. Fifth shot just kicked a dust cloud out of the same crater.

Sixth shot, took 1/2 moa out of the vertical and turned the target rock to fine gravel.....

No need to shoot more.

On top of that, the ammo used for this test was simply fresh fireformed brass, with uneven necks. Just FL sized, primed with Fed-215 primer, threw in 143.0 gr Retumbo and seated the 350 gr SMK. No case prepping of any kind. I always get a giggle out of the guys I talk to that spend hours on case prepping when I see results like this.

Now do not take this as me saying that case prepping is a waste of time, it certainly is not but if a rifle is built properly, the case has much less to do with consistancy then the rifle is all I am saying.

Just need that FFL and it will be headed south!!!

By the way, its very comfortable to shoot. I was shooting off a harris bipod and rear bag off the ground which is the way I prefer to shoot and it was EASY to spot every shot fired, EASY. Not to bad for this class of weapon.

I get pretty numb to this level of performance but when you remember this is nearly 3300 fps with a 350 gr bullet weight and comfortable shooting....... FUN FUN FUN....

:D:D:D:D:D:D That's the max amount of grins allowed per post!!!!!

No FFL?????? I'll get on those guys tomorrow. I gave them your email address way last week.........

Whooo Hoooo!!!!!

Rob't Frost in his "Death of the Hired Man": Nothing to look back on with pride; Nothing to look forward to with hope."

Sure don't have anything like that going on around this living room!!!! LHR.com, that is!

Thank you Kirby, ever so much!!

Roy in SLC (scrud, used all my smileys up top.)

Roy, Great baby and have lots of fun with growing with her. In no time you ll be taking her for walks to one mile. The problem you ll have is you ll be tempted to first choose her for the long walks and ignore the other babies at home in the closet.

Kirbys babys have great genes - just make sure the eyes (scope) doesnt loosen up - dropped my accuracy from 9" at a mile to 3'

PS I m expecting a new 338 AM from Kirby to join big sister 375AM

Last edited:
Beautiful rig right there! Roy my mind is already racing wondering what kind of "invention" (term used lightly and very, very loosely) you'll be cooking up to use with that cannon:D:D!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts