Rough Roads?

Independent Front Suspension. People want to run fast and hard down our dirt roads. That really tears them up and makes them turn into washboard nightmares. I'm about as happy about that as I am seeing ski boaters, jet skis, and water bikes at the lake.
Thanks, got it , thought it was something new, my bad .

Thanks, got it , thought it was something new, my bad .
Not a problem. Sorry if I sounds bitter. I'm getting old and crotchety. Moved out here for a slower pace of life. But quite a few people are moving out here to tap into undiscovered natural beauty. Which is okay, that happens. What ****es me off if they drive like they did in the place they are trying to escape. And some of the habits of big city life are showing up around me in my small rural town. I don't particularly appreciate it. like I said I'm getting old and crotchety.

Never been on an Oregon road, heck even had to check the spelling.
With that said I'v put a few miles on Wyoming roads and two tracks. The old 2 wheel drive chevys worked alright if its dry and cheaper to maintain, chains and comalongs were always onbord.
The 3/4 Duramax and the gen 4 Dodge duelly have proven way to rough riding for any 2 tracking but surprisingly the 01 7.3 250 Ford did well for itself till the gremlins set in. When the Ford got sold the funds went to a 450 Polaris atv. It works good enough for what I paid for it used but not ideal
Have used a buddies Can am Comander a few times and its the bees knees IF the wind aint blowin to hard or too cold as it lacks a windshield . Big enough to haul an elk out whole and man can a guy cover a LOT of ground! Its too cost prohibitive for me to justify a new Camander with all the needed assesorries or thats what I'd be running!

I know that nothing will ride like a Cadillac on a well groomed paved road but I am debating on making my side by side better or just buying a good trail rig and going from there. I am debating on just going full on pre-runner if needed

Solid axle rigs, jeeps and scouts for example, work fine if spring over axle and especially good if reverse shackle. Airing down tires helps too. I stay away from e rated tires unless it's also a tow rig or truck. c rated tires work better aired down since they squish better. But don't skimp on tires here and have a good spare or two. I knew one guy in Central Oregon that kept four spares with him at his camp. And he really didn't four wheel. The lava rocks over here wreak havoc on tires. Smooth river rocks I really don't worry about. Jagged lava rocks and I'll get out and walk a path.

Screenshot_20220815-151143_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Rides like butta

Sound like the country around lake view and Adel, having had a go in my ford expedition a Buddies diesel quadzilla and my Suzuki king quad, I found my son in laws 57 VW Baja bug with over size tires with the air pressure at about 6 six pounds gave the most comfortable ride, were you successful on antelope?

Solid axle rigs, jeeps and scouts for example, work fine if spring over axle and especially good if reverse shackle. Airing down tires helps too. I stay away from e rated tires unless it's also a tow rig or truck. c rated tires work better aired down since they squish better. But don't skimp on tires here and have a good spare or two. I knew one guy in Central Oregon that kept four spares with him at his camp. And he really didn't four wheel. The lava rocks over here wreak havoc on tires. Smooth river rocks I really don't worry about. Jagged lava rocks and I'll get out and walk a path.
I carry two spares, a compressor and a tire repair kit. The things I do to chase small birds and have happy dogs.