Rough price of a Remington 700 7mm RM

55stone

Hey guys I'm debating selling a rifle I have and really don't know what to ask for it. It's a Remington 700 in 7mm RM with a 26" factory sporter barrel and HS precision stock off a R5 and trigger tech trigger. I would also sell it with the lightweight tally rings that are lapped. No scope or bipod. What do you guys think on rough price.. probably 150-200 rounds through it. I could only find 2 pictures on my phone of it at the moment.

15896197-9C2A-4AB3-AF41-17B28DF35F9E.jpeg
B22A789C-8D79-472C-A00F-8F55A4B78CF2.jpeg

I've seen the username MagnumManiac somewhere on the web in the past number of years. Sounds familiar to me. Were you ever on accuratereloading or shootersforum? I was; banned off of both of them...

I've seen the username MagnumManiac somewhere on the web in the past number of years. Sounds familiar to me. Were you ever on accuratereloading or shootersforum? I was; banned off of both of them...
Bit of a strange thing to ask considering you have been here all of 7 days & 50 posts while MM has been around since 2008 with 1712 posts!

Anyway on the subject of the OP's question, well 55 a bit more info would be good.
What model actually if it as SPS's don't come with 5R rifling & HS precision stocks??

Maybe some close up pictures as well of stampings!

ya i can get better pictures. if i had to guess. i think its a ADL not a SPS.. i will try to get pictures of the markings when i get home from work tonight. thanks for the input guys. honestly if i could get 600-700 i would be happy.

l think $600... Go over to GunBroken and look up ''Completed Auctions'' for a Rem 700 that matches yours... Pay special attention to the 'SOLD' auctions... That's what people are paying..

Just a comment to Remington's ''5R'' rifling. The practice of using 5 rifling grooves to make the barrel wear evenly.. lts certainly not a new or revolutionary ldea.. Smith&Wesson has been using 5 groove rifling for at least a Hundred Years on their hand ejector revolvers.. Most reloaders and boolet casters like me hate it because its almost impossible to accurately measure 'groove diameter' of the barrel. A most critical measurement needed for properly sized cast boolits

Search Gunbroker and Guns America. Look for comparable models and condition.
Also everyone needs a "Blue Book" of gun values! Information is power..
Both the Seller and Buyer should do their own research and know what's up!
Asking too much just puts buyers off! If I'm looking at something that should
sell around 1000 bucks and the guy is asking 1500 I just figgure he's a ripoff or a nut job and look elsewhere!

Last edited:
Buds sells new Rem 700 LR blued for around $650. You could ask for more but,......

How does it shoot? If it shoots small groups, why sell it? If it doesn't, try to find out why. The action is worth almost $400. In fact, you can buy a M700 7mm RM at Wally World for $375. The stock is worth over $300. If it was mine, and I just want something different, I'd rechamber to a 7mm STW. It has the barrel length for it. I guess what I'm trying to say is "why sell it?". It has too much potential! In fact, I bought a brand new .300 RUM take off barrel for $40. Believe it or not, I have replaced M700 factory barrels and they had perfect headspace.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.