Rotary tumbler

nealm66

My brother just bought me a Lyman rotary tumbler to add to reloading gear. I've been researching and it looks like a guy can use a bit of dawn soap and lemishine? As a substitute cleaner? Also saw where a guy uses an old dehydrator to dry? Was thinking of media tumbling and resizing before hand? And maybe some sort of dry lube for seating? Any suggestions are much appreciated

save yourself the headache of trying to get the perfect amount of water to dawn to lemishine ratio and buy brass juice online. Ive done it all and nothing comes close. ive reused the same water on dirty suppressed fire brass 3-4 times and still shines them up better than new.

Dawn and Lemishine work great. Just have to tinker with the mix to get your desired results. I use 2 teaspoons of Dawn and 1/4ish teaspoon of Lemishine about 30min in the tumber per 100 pieces of brass. I also prefer stainless chips over pins......Bunch of different neck lubes guy can use from Johnsons paste wax to Imperial dry lube.

Lemishine is only needed to adjust pH. Here in KY we have really hard water from the limestone... We need Lemishine, some places do not - you might not need to adjust pH.

I have used a bunch of Dawn but prefer car wash and wax liquid, slicker brass, doesn't tarnish or spot...

I used too much Lemishine once - about a teaspoon in a gallon+ and the shiny brass turned 'brown'. Found out there was too much citric acid and the surface copper got dissolved or some such thing.

Lemishine is only needed to adjust pH. Here in KY we have really hard water from the limestone... We need Lemishine, some places do not - you might not need to adjust pH.

I have used a bunch of Dawn but prefer car wash and wax liquid, slicker brass, doesn't tarnish or spot...
Which car wash and wax do you use? Is it an all in one product or a separate soap and wax? I've used Nufinish in my dry tumbler but have always used the frankford wash stuff in my wet tumbler just because I haven't ran out of it yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.