Rockchucker to Redding T-7.Can you use rcbs dies in a redding t-7?

Before you put that all back together, if you haven't already.. how long is that spring, and roughly what diameter? I may even have something like that laying around the shop* And would that ball be a 5/16" (or is it smaller??) Can possibly find an old bearing someplace in the junk pile that I could steal a ball from (if I knew the size!) ...I should maybe ask one more favor of you to pass those few measurments yet, if you could* ?

Before you put that all back together, if you haven't already.. how long is that spring, and roughly what diameter? I may even have something like that laying around the shop* And would that ball be a 5/16" (or is it smaller??) Can possibly find an old bearing someplace in the junk pile that I could steal a ball from (if I knew the size!) ...I should maybe ask one more favor of you to pass those few measurments yet, if you could* ?

You got it.

Free spring length is .990" and surface ground on ends.
Spring compressed to coil bind length is .475"
Spring Diameter is .290"
Spring wire diameter is .040"
Spring has 12 coils

Ball diameter is .313"

Jeff

Very good. Will see what I can scratch up! Maybe can get 'er going without the wait for parts right from Redding*

Thanks again

Even if you cant find what you are looking for in your shop, Redding has excellent customer service. I have called them a few times and they were more than helpful and sent me the parts that I needed.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.