Robert Gradous

My condolences for your loss.

I drove to his shop and Robert chambered a rifle for me last year and we hit it off. (I guess I took my butt chewing for not following his directions pretty well) :)

I'm glad I got to meet him and call him a friend. God speed Mr. Gradous!!

I'll miss our conversations and banter. He was good guy and a brilliant gunsmith. My favorites are all Gradous rifles.

Attachments

• 75026210-CF3E-418E-8665-1191766D2CB0.jpeg
    75026210-CF3E-418E-8665-1191766D2CB0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 197
I ended up getting contacted by Robert after I posted wtb as for a 28 Nosler. Long story short he had a 28 Nosler partially completed with no owner and after he learned about me he was determined to finish it for me.

He called every day until the rifle was in my hands to see how I was holding up at work dealing with covid (I was deployed with Fema on an ambulance in New Jersey at the time).

Even after I was home and had the rifle he called at least weekly to check on my family and I and to just chat about anything and everything.

Sadly I still haven't had time to shoot the 28 Nosler. It's an absolutely amazing rifle and I'm sure it shoots great but a part of me wants to leave it unfired for a while but I know that's not what Robert would have wanted.

He always treated me well and was constantly offering me to come down and make my rifle a switch barrel or build something new for the cost of parts alone.

Robert saw something in me he connected with and was free with his time and knowledge and for that I am grateful.

RIP my friend.
That's a beautiful rifle.
Didnt know him or anything about the man but RIP and prayers to family

To all friends, customers and members at large. Today, we lost our friend Robert Gradous.
he is now at peace.

any prayers, kind wishes or other condolences may be forwarded from this post.

If anyone has any outstanding work by Robert, please message me.

I will always love and miss my friend.
Jason

Let us all celibrate his life!

I always heard great things about him. Loved that he shared his knowledge and let you help him on your gun if you stopped by. Wish I would have had the chance to meet him and have a rifle built by him.

I have so much respect for people like Mr. Gradous whose work becomes reputed for best In class quality and consistency. Robert referred me to my current gunsmith, whom I hold in similar regard. There are plenty of gunsmiths out there that can put together a pile of parts. Very few gunsmiths are able to add value to the process by the precision of their work.

There will be a small memorial held Monday the 13th @ 2:00 pm at the Gradous property for anyone who would like to attend. 3021 Old Waynesboro Rd.
Hephzibah, Ga 30815

Please go to the Gradous Facebook page to RSVP. We need an accurate headcount since there will be food afterwards.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.