• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED RMEF Edition Rem. 700 7RUM with Leupold LR

firstcoueswas80

This is my dads rifle. I believe it to be from 2003, RMEF edition Remington Model 700 7 RUM in cartridge.

My dad has owned this rifle since new, and I did the load development. Other then load development and killing two coues deer with it, it has not been shot much. I would say 100-150 rounds MAX through the rifle.
It shoots well with 86-86.5 grains of H4831sc with 140 Nosler Accubonds, as that is all that has been fired through the rifle. I will see if I can dig up some targets, but MOA or better as I recall.
The scope is a Leupold VX-III 4.5-14x40 Long Range with the 30mm tube and Boone and Crockett reticle. The scope does show a few dings from when my dad took a spill, but he shot a deer with it not 30 minutes later, and outside of a few scratches and dings (pictured as best I could) the scope is like new.
The rifle does have the notorious sticky pad Remingtons of this era are known for, as well as the Jlock.

As stated earlier, looking for $1150, shipped from Non-FFL to FFL.

Here is a target at .677" with the 140 Accubond, H4831sc and fed 215GMM.

The group is at 100 yards. I developed the loads for that rifle when I was in college and knew nothing about shooting on paper past. I busted rocks at distance and called it good then.

The rifle itself is in very good shape, with no serious or even near serious damage from the fall.

I would ship the rifle alone for $725