RM big horn strategy

The five MT unlimited sheep units each have a quota of two legal rams with a 48 hour season closure once the second ram is reported. Last year there were seven rams taken out of the quota of ten from the five units. In 2019 there were 404 unlimited licenses sold. Although unlimited you have to apply for these licenses by May 1st.

by unlimited i belive that means who ever applys can get a tag.how many sheep are in those areas in general would you say
Been years since I was in there backpacking (not hunting). Sheep are hard to find. When you see them they are a half mile away and running farther away. I have a friend that killed one about 6 or 7 years ago and his son killed one 2 years ago. Both were 700+ yard shots, and 12+ miles from the trailhead. The first 6 years he went in there he saw zero sheep. Most amazing country I have seen. If you go, think of it as rugged wilderness grizzly bear backpacking trip, and if you see sheep it is a bonus.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.