RL26 and where to find it?

If I can find some, it's in the 90's with 60+% humidity at 200ft above sea level here. It should rear it's ugly head and show its temperament.

These are the conditions I shot in often just much closer to sea level and I've yet to see any issue. I'm not saying they don't exist just that I have not seen them, yet. My velocities per charge and bullet combos seem to be well within the norms for people shooting in much cooler weather.

Got a pound of it today and found a great little homegrown Montana shop that I never knew about that has quite a selection of reloading supplies at good prices. Don't get your hopes up, it was the last pound they had.

I guess I'll have to turn around. I was already on my way when I finished reading your post. LOL

Maybe it's coming back. I've got loads worked up with other stuff but I would like to try it especially with the heavier bullets.

Got a pound of it today and found a great little homegrown Montana shop that I never knew about that has quite a selection of reloading supplies at good prices. Don't get your hopes up, it was the last pound they had.
If it's the one I suggested earlier we need to keep it a Montana secret!

I'm moving to Kalispell in a week, I'll definitely check their stuff out. I do already have 8# RL26 on the shelf tho.
Unless some starts showing up in the next week you won't have any luck in kalispell unfortunately. Plenty of good places to find components in the area though!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.