RL26 and cold temps

I never shoot a bore dry after cleaning. Will strip copper like crazy. After I thoroughly clean the bore I dry patch to get any solvent out and then use kroil. I make a wet spot about the size of a dime. Of course if a 6 or smaller less. Then swab the chamber dry and ready to go. Notice I said kroil. It is a very thin oil. If you want to make your own use 1 qt atf. 1 qt kerosene and 1 qt acetone or naptha.

RL-26 and 16 both have decoppering agents and in my rifles using barnes bullets i get zero copper with a dry bore and minimal carbon. After I clean, I wet a patch with EEzox, run it thru, let it sit 30 minutes and dry patch out and then dry patch chamber. No rust and no oil

I was out yesterday afternoon shooting the 6.5 PRC and had the same pressure issue from a clean bore. Got an extractor mark from a known safe fowler to get started and then nothing the rest of the day. Good news with the PRC too, looks like I will be running 140 Accubonds at 3126 this year. I am curious to see what happens as air temps cools, but I stacked 10 shots (over the course of 45 minutes) into .7 inches with an extreme spread of 4! 56.9 grains of RL26 in 2X fired Hornady cases lit with WLR primers. There were only 4 shots that didn't read 3126, I thought the magneto was stuck. The rifle is a CA Mesa in a H-S Precision stock.

Freeze some overnight and leave them in a cooler/hydro flask. Try them out. Report back

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.