RL26 and 6.5 Creedmoor

2825 fps from my Howa 26" 147 ELD with 47.4gr RL 26. Hornady cases and Federal primers. Not max but very accurate. Saw no need to go higher.

I use Hornady brass with a 210 Federal primer and 48.5 grains of RL26 under the 140 Berger VLD. Powder temperature was approx. 48 degrees F.

My buddy runs the same load in his RPR but only gets 2876fps average in his 24 inch barrel but it's new so it may speed up.

This one seems to be a little faster than my 24 inch barrel also. Not sure how long the barrel will last at that speed but they make new barrels every day!!lol

This one seems to be a little faster than my 24 inch barrel also. Not sure how long the barrel will last at that speed but they make new barrels every day!!lol
Will last a long time, 2k rounds at least, unless you run it like a prs rig, with lots of long hot strings.

I should clarify that it seems to pick up about 18-20 FPS with the suppressor. It's right at 2926fps with just the brake.

Wish I would have tried RL26 sooner. Didn't think I could get speeds out of Creedmoor like this. This is with 140s, insane. This is just initial load testing finding flat spots and where pressure starts.
F226ECE2-B963-4A59-A638-A24A3712B492.jpeg

Pretty insane. I am going to make up full test loads for this coming up weekend and see what I can find out! I like them velocities. Those two grouped in same hole along with the previous other 6 out 10 2 shot tests. That was my highest charge tested which was 49.1gr.

Pretty insane. I am going to make up full test loads for this coming up weekend and see what I can find out! I like them velocities. Those two grouped in same hole along with the previous other 6 out 10 2 shot tests. That was my highest charge tested which was 49.1gr.
I stopped at 49 on my load as 49.5 showed pressure. I loaded for a friends Savage 10 LRH in 6.5 Creed and it only liked up to 48.5. What Barrel length are you running?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts