RL 26

I'm loading 68 grains of RL 26, .020 off lands with 121 Heavy Hammer Bullets for 3240 fps from a 9 twist, 24" bbl....for .5" groups. I have not tried it with heavier bullets since I already have a load for 140 VLDs.....
Thanks for the info!!

That's nuts. I have moved on to buying 8lb jugs. Usually a good chance it will work in one of my guns. I think I am going with rl23 for the 7wsm and 340. Might try it in the 284 too.

For me RL26 has been outstanding - of note is the fact that for south central Alaska 85 degrees is something that does not happen! In addition since I am a mountain hunter the 85 degree qualifier is also not a player. Currently am using RL 26 in a 7mmWSM with 150 gr Hammers at 3350 FPS for a single ragged 5 shot hole. A new 7mm Sherman Short in a 21" barrel is pushing a 175 gr ELD-X at 2900 FPS and a 0.045 sized hole for 3 shots - this is a new rifle and doubt an optimal load has been determined. My 6.5 x 284 in a Cooper Backcountry shoots 139 Hammers into a ragged 5 shot hole at 3100 FPS. Fortunately I am well supplied with RL 26 and am looking forward to seeing what it will do with some of my other rifles!

Also of note is your fine stable of sweet shooting rifles say nothing about living in AK

Probably doesn't want you to buy it so he can. Just so hard to find.
That's funny. Reloader 26, is probably one of the best powders going. It might not work well in everyone's application, but it is versatile with medium heavy bullets. Accurate in 6.5 Creedmoor, 260 Rem, and 7mm Rem Mag in my experience.

FYI which is basically nothing I emailed Alliant yesterday and received answer. Manufacturing/shipping every day. Just huge demand. They have 50 distributors who they ship product, and the distributors then ship to retailers/wholesalers. As I said not much there, BUT does anybody have a family member who is a distributor? Just kidding.

I use it in a 7stw(160 accubonds) and 270wsm(140 accubonds). Accurate and fast. This summer's project is to work up loads for the 340wby.

I use it in a 7stw(160 accubonds) and 270wsm(140 accubonds). Accurate and fast. This summer's project is to work up loads for the 340wby.
Was going to try in 150 and 160 Hammers in 7 STW. Currently shouting 80.0 h1000 with 160 accubonds. Also just getting ready to try to work load in 340 Weatherby with Swift A frame 250 gr. Can you give any guidance on your STW load or ideas on 340?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.