Rl-26 (fairy dust) replacement?

View attachment 127217 I'm not a hoarder I have needs. Some say a problem until they are asking for powder and primers. Thirty years of reloading taught me if you like it and you don't have enough probably should get it. I'll shoot through 30 pounds or so this year. I may have a problem! Get on the notify me list and it will come around last 8 pounder I got from Brownells.

All you need is my address lol Joe

My thoughts for the 1/10 twist were I was interested in shooting the small to mid-weight bullets and not stuffing the case full of lead or copper. I'm having fun listening to my rifle tell me what it likes...

I love th caliber. Going to shoot a few club matches with it this summer

View attachment 127217 I'm not a hoarder I have needs. Some say a problem until they are asking for powder and primers. Thirty years of reloading taught me if you like it and you don't have enough probably should get it. I'll shoot through 30 pounds or so this year. I may have a problem! Get on the notify me list and it will come around last 8 pounder I got from Brownells.

Yep, one man's hoarder is another man's routine hobby. Last check, I had just under 200 lbs of powders on the shelfs, and while I do not shoot as much as I did while younger and competing, I can still go through 25-40 lbs a year. Mostly 4-5 specific ones

RL 26 is out there in certain locals and stores, but many of them will not ship. It will be back soon.

Retumbo. Not quite the dust unicorns are made of, but it's definitely in their farts. Also extremely temp stable. For perspective, my original load for my 7RM when it had a 27" barrel was 69.5gr H1000 at 3003 fps. I cut 5" off the barrel and redid load development with Retumbo and MV is now 3024fps. I would say that depending on barrel length it'll give you 100-150fps over say H1000. Love it.

I misquoted my load earlier and have corrected. Thank goodness was on the low side. 54gr of H100v for 150gr ABLR and swift sirroco

Found!! I had faith and went old school and called around a few places. I turned up a couple pounds and can breath easier. Another snowstorm for us in the adk's makes perfect weather to build my new reloading bench. Thanks for all the info and hope LOL

It may be coming around. I found some recently at a local place, never seen it in a store before and have been looking (calling) regularly to every place known.

just 'cause i am
P1000614.JPG
mean and evil

As the title suggest, I am looking for a replacement for RL-26. I came on a pound by chance and have a very nice load for my .280 Ackley. It is a 1-10, 22"lilja and I am shooting the 140 to 150 class bullets. I have some hammers I hope to get made up soon...I also have a good load with 4831sc, have tried regular 4831 but loved the RL-26 for the flow and measurability too. Is there another class of Reloader to try that I can actually purchase?!? Any one in real upstate NY or VT have any RL-26. Never fails I find something that works great and can't find it again...
Thanks in advance guys!!
Joe
Joe just wanted to tell you that you live in a beautiful area ,we spent April thru mid Sept in Wilmington working at the Koa campground there in the adk I did not get to shoot there but there was a range I could have joined
I have a 6.5-06AI and I shoot 140 and 130 in it and use Imr 7828 ssc and really like it it's a Shilen 26 bbl 8 twist ,
We certainly would have had a lot to talk about you take care
Navarro 1

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.