RL-26 and the 33-28 Nosler....ROCKS!!!

I just used a 33 Nosler reamer and ran it in about .120 deeper. It worked great. That said, it wouldn't be any issue to have a reamer maker a 33-28 Nosler reamer.
Your necks must be way short of chamber, watch out for rl26 leaving big carbon deposits in that gap.

Your necks must be way short of chamber, watch out for rl26 leaving big carbon deposits in that gap.

Haven't had any issues yet but being a LR BR shooter I know how to clean out carbon. The key is to not let it build up. The carbon ring isn't hard to take care of, but the hard carbon a little further down the barrel can be stubborn.

Last edited:
Haven't had any issues yet but being a R BR shooter I know how to clean out carbon. The key is to not let it build up. The carbon ring isn't hard to take care of, but the hard carbon a little further down the barrel can be stubborn.
Thats good. Some guys aren't aware of that. Ledges in the throat neck are congregation points.

Thats good. Some guys aren't aware of that. Ledges in the throat neck are congregation points.

With a mill, lathe, borescope, and competition shooting, I have learned more about such stuff than I cared to. I used to not worry and just shoot........

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.