RL 25 vs RL 26

I am pretty sure rl 26 is faster than rl 25 I cant remember exactly but I think I seen pressure at least two or three grains lower than the same with rl25 I reduced a lot and came up glad I did not just substitute as I am pretty sure it would have been real hot

den, if ive got a load that calls for 74 gr rl25 back it down a few grains and go from there? how was velocity and accuracy between the two? you've been the only person with any feedback for my question. thanks

I have tried it in a 300 RUM and found starting loads with R-25 to be hot when switching to R-26 so in the RUM it is faster. I also used it in a 300 SAUM and found it to be just a little slower than R-22. Accuracy in both has been very good and FPS also very good. Hope this helps.

what are you loading for ? I would see if allliant has loads for it in your chambering on there site, if not I would call them to get a safe start load for your chambering as when I found pressure a few grains below the rl 25 data for my chambering I later was directed to actual data for my chambering on there site that I had not seen and I was above max loads

I have also found RL26 to be faster than RL25 and have hit pressure signs before reaching max listed loads in the two rifles I have loaded it in. They should have called it RL24.

Actually I think it is a little dangerous the way they have done that. One would think oh it's 26 so it's slower than 25 but it's definitely not. Sounds like they have done the same with 23.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts