RL 22 and the 90gr Nosler E-Tip

Greg Duerr

For those of you who might know.........................I usually shoot RL 22 and the 105 Berger in my .243 AI However if I might hunt Black Bear in The People's Republic Of California I will now need to shoot non lead bullets.

Nosler makes a 90gr bullet the E-Tip Non lead, and was wondering if I can use RL 22 with this bullet......................?? As I have 7lbs of it.......................Has anyone used it for the lighter bullet?

You have 5 more years of shooting Bergers...the statewide ban doesn't go into effect till 2019.

I'll continue shooting whatever bullet my rifles shoot best after 2019, lead or non lead ;)

I don't live in California but I do hunt bear over there and your right ...........lead or no lead they can cram it. I'm hearing that the Obama Administration is proposing a bill that will make lead in bullet illegal nation wide...................

You can tell that Bastard to go to hell...................

I don't live in California but I do hunt bear over there and your right ...........lead or no lead they can cram it. I'm hearing that the Obama Administration is proposing a bill that will make lead in bullet illegal nation wide...................

You can tell that Bastard to go to hell...................

It's the one law that I will flat out refuse to follow.

I shoot RL22 in my AI with the 105 Berger too, 48gr. What are you using?

I don't think I've used it with any other bullet, I'll have to look thru my records.

I have used AA3100 with a 95gr BT for fireforming and got a 1/4" 3-shot group out of it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts