Rings and Bases Trouble

FCB1616

I am looking to buy some rings and bases for a remington varmint and vortex viper hs-t 6-24x50 with a 30mm main tube and was wondering what height rings to get for a 20 moa base. I want the bell of the scope to be as close as possible to the barrel just wondering what height I should get. Any and all help is appreciated!

I am looking to buy some rings and bases for a remington varmint and vortex viper hs-t 6-24x50 with a 30mm main tube and was wondering what height rings to get for a 20 moa base. I want the bell of the scope to be as close as possible to the barrel just wondering what height I should get. Any and all help is appreciated!

I suspect you will need high rings. My Remington 700 sporter barrel has medium rings with a 2.5-10x40 scope and is pretty close to the barrel. You could always buy two sizes and return the size that does not work. Good luck!

With an EGW HD 20MOA base, you can use LOW height Seekins 30mm or TPS TSR 30mm rings with the Vortex 50mm scopes on a varmint barreled Rem 700.

I have this setup on several Senderos.

Midway USA and SWFA sell both of them.

With an EGW HD 20MOA base, you can use LOW height Seekins 30mm or TPS TSR 30mm rings with the Vortex 50mm scopes on a varmint barreled Rem 700.

Lol ok I stand corrected

Lol ok I stand corrected

It's all good. Different brands of rails are made to different height specs. Even though they might both be 20 MOA, they might actually have a taller or shorter profile than another brand. Also, different brands of rings differ in height and there is no actual industry standard "low", "medium", and "high" specs to follow. So, if we're talking about 2 different brands of rails, and/or rings, we might both be right. That's why I am always specific when discussing this subject, and always mention brands, models, and hights. :cool:

MudRunner2005 do you have a picture of this set up on one of your rifles you can show me?

I suspect you will need high rings. My Remington 700 sporter barrel has medium rings with a 2.5-10x40 scope and is pretty close to the barrel. You could always buy two sizes and return the size that does not work. Good luck!
Naa medium rings will give plenty of clearance.

I use low rings with a 0 MOA rail even on my Sendero's with 50mm obj scopes.

MudRunner2005 do you have a picture of this set up on one of your rifles you can show me?

Here you go.

Rem 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper HS 6-24x50
Seekins 30mm Low rings
EGW HD 20MOA base.

46E3B4D2-47EC-4DCA-A019-2DD1C2829F7E_zpsouirllf1.jpg

What bullet are you shooting out of it? I reload a 140 berger vld hunter for my 7mm mag but have always wanted a 7stw. That cartridge is a haus! Just wonderihg if you have tried the new 195 vlds

What bullet are you shooting out of it? I reload a 140 berger vld hunter for my 7mm mag but have always wanted a 7stw. That cartridge is a haus! Just wonderihg if you have tried the new 195 vlds

I have 3 boxes of the 195's from their pre-release days, but have not shot any of them, because I don't have the proper twist rate to stabilize them at my current elevation above sea level (~500 feet). I'll need a 1:8 twist barrel to properly stabilize them at my elevation.

I have shot a lot of different weight, brand, and model bullets out of it over the years, but my favorite is the Berger 180 Hybrids.

Do you think the TPS tsr super lows will work with that EGW hd 20 moa base? and that 6-24x50 vortex?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts