Rings and bases How high???

W

*WyoWhisper*

I should get my 6.5/284 by mon. FINALLY...

I'm ordering the 20 moa tapered bases but I was wondering what height rings I should get ( either Badger, Lupy or some tactical style ) to mount the Lupy 6.5-20X50 mm ( 30 mm tube )

Not sure what is the min. I can go without having the bell touch....

Wyo,

I've got the same scope on my 30-06 (Rem700 with #7 Barrel).

I used Badger medium rings(.885") and 20moa base. Perfect fit with Butler Creek lens covers.

The Standard height would have been too low to use lens covers.

MM

Ric--
Call Larry Owings at (830)768-2724-- He owns SouthWest Texas Firearms and sells the NightForce rings for $110 shipped. I have the 1.00" height on my .22-250 with the same scope and it fits perfect. They come in .885", 1.00" and 1.125". The 1.00" seem to be the best for me with the covers. I guess it depends on the barrel taper. The .885" might work, but I know the 1.00" work without a doubt. Good Luck!!!

CJ,

Thanks I was gonna pound out an e-mail to ya but you answered my question. I think MM is right the .885 will work....

Hey Sept. 25th I'll be in the Casper area.. did ya get the leftover tag from your brother???

I think I only have 2-3 days to get it done....

It is all tentative as of now but I think it might come together...

Hello Ric

Sorry for the delay on the 6mm.

The fellow who does the Sako extractor has had a bad bout with his sugar level to the point of being in the hospital.

He has been so weak theres been a barrel in his lathe for the last month. He has been to sick to get to it.

We are looking at another option and you will have it but,it will be a bit more time envolved. Sorry for the delay.

We are only waiting on the extractor to be put in.

DC

[ 08-24-2002: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.