rings and base/s

sjadventures

Got a new Nikon scope for a new Savage 114 American Classic 300wm and was wondering what base/s and rings y'all recommend.

with a hard kickin 300 I'd go with the talley rings and bases. Cost a little more but well worth it. You can order them direct at 803-854-5700.

I use alot of the Burris Signature Rings. I've never had one slip yet even on a .338 Edge. The nylon inserts are great, no ring marks and keeps the scope 100% stress free. Not to mention you can pitch the rear of the scope up and the front down and still keep the scope in perfect alignment with no lapping, great for setting your 100 yard zero as close to the bottom as possible.

If you want a cheaper yet excellent alternative, try the Burris Xtreme Tac rings, very affordable and rock solid.

There will be 20 replies in here and all will be different, that's what makes this a never-ending obsession :)

I forgot to mention Seekins Precision makes some excellent rings and bases also.
Rings

A rifle set up for Long Range Hunting the Seekins Rings And Bases would be an excellent way to go. Also Nightforce and Badger are also excellent choices... Seekins are made to precise tolerances for less mooola than the Nightforce and Badger..

I use alot of the Burris Signature Rings. I've never had one slip yet even on a .338 Edge. The nylon inserts are great, no ring marks and keeps the scope 100% stress free. Not to mention you can pitch the rear of the scope up and the front down and still keep the scope in perfect alignment with no lapping, great for setting your 100 yard zero as close to the bottom as possible.

+1 on the Burris insert rings. Unfortunately, they are only made for one inch scopes. :(

If you want a cheaper yet excellent alternative, try the Burris Xtreme Tac rings, very affordable and rock solid.

There will be 20 replies in here and all will be different, that's what makes this a never-ending obsession :)

I'll +1 the Burris XTR rings plenty beefy. I put them on my Savage 112 in 300win with a EGW 25 minute rail. Nice setup.

I've also used the Burris Signature Rings with dual dovetail bases. I like them too.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.