Ring and Base Recommendation

fetch

I have a remington 700 sps varmit in 308 and a Vortex PST 4-16x50.

What bases and ring would you suggest, and can I use low rings?

Thanks in advance

Fetch,

If you are looking for a strong set up within a budget, I would suggest Burris Xtreme Tactical rings and bases. The bases are about $17.00 and the rings are around $65.00. I bought this on someone's recommendation and have loved the system (now have several rifles with it). The low rings would be tight and I am not sure if it would work or not. I have a similar sized scope with medium rings and it has more clearance than I like. I think SWFA has a scope help chart somewhere on their website that could help with that.

Thanks for the info. I was a little impatient and bought tr viper hs rings low. Not sure if that was the smartest thing to do. I have a weaver base that I had originally on the rifle but may switch out for a 20 moa base

Check out my rem 700 300wm on the photo section. I used a 20 moa nightforce base with med vortex rings on a 6.5-20x50 viper.

I'm debating this for a Rem 700 KS Custom Mt Rifle I have in .338 WM. I'm going back and forth between a one piece base or a two piece base. Have a set of Burris Signature Rings I think will do me well, just trying to find the right base.... Assuming I just need a flat base, not one with 20 MOA or anything. Right?

I'm running a VX-III 2.5-8x36 as its my all around Alaskan rifle and its a very versatile set up. I'm not much a shooter past 500 so no real worries on being under powered with my optics. :)

I'm debating this for a Rem 700 KS Custom Mt Rifle I have in .338 WM. I'm going back and forth between a one piece base or a two piece base. Have a set of Burris Signature Rings I think will do me well, just trying to find the right base.... Assuming I just need a flat base, not one with 20 MOA or anything. Right?

I'm running a VX-III 2.5-8x36 as its my all around Alaskan rifle and its a very versatile set up. I'm not much a shooter past 500 so no real worries on being under powered with my optics. :)

Put an EGW 10 MOA rail on it and Leupold QD rings. Ive added the EGW 15 MOA rail and those rings on my last 3 rifles. Its a good combo

Guys,

I'm sure its not the best setup but here's what I went with

Burris Xtreme Tactical bases and rings. I used low rings and it leaves about an 1/8 inch between the scope and gun.

Thanks for the input

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.