Rifles to avoid?

My brother, recently deceased, was in first Gulf War, in 101st Airborne. He carried a stinger missile in addition to his M16. Mostly he rode around on top of a humvee with the stinger. We found an old photo of him holding an M60 while someone else held the stinger. I think he was a frustrated sixty gunner, i.e. would rather have had that than the stinger. . .

I have had horrible luck with the Seekins Precision SP10 in 6.5 Creedmoor. The best ES that I can get out of it is 27 FPS at about 1.25 MOA, factory ammo yields even worse results. I have tried multiple powder and bullet combinations with no luck. The 22" barrel also has significantly reduced velocity.

What are you guys think of stag arms they have a lifetime warranty even on the barrel I asked them what if the barrel get shot out they said send it back and we will re-barreled it has a one and seven twist I got the barrel and bolt that was magnetic particle tested I have about 900 in it go ahead and tell me the truth I can take it

What are you guys think of stag arms they have a lifetime warranty even on the barrel I asked them what if the barrel get shot out they said send it back and we will re-barreled it has a one and seven twist I got the barrel and bolt that was magnetic particle tested I have about 900 in it go ahead and tell me the truth I can take it

I have a Stag Arms AR 15 with 24" barrel that I bought in 2012. I have never had a problem with it. Right now, with 77 grain TMKs, Federal AR Match primers, Ramshot Tac, and Lake City 5.56 brass I am able to get sub moa groups with either an 11 or 13 FPS ES (its one of those two I just forget which). And it does really well with factory ammo as well. The rifle has never jammed and, oddly enough the barrel does not foul all that much. After I fire 50-75 rounds through it and clean the bore with boretech I get very little evidence of copper fouling. It has performed so well for me that I am taking the Nightforce optic off of one of my *** Cheytacs (Lawton) and putting it on the Stag Arms.

I am pretty sure I have 900 rounds through mine, and I still get just under an MOA. For my purposes that is more than good, especially considering the low ES.

That was my experience with the one Stag arms rifle that I have. I don't have any more stag arms weapons so I can only speak to the performance of this particular rifle.

If you get the 24" barrel PM me for a decent load for it.

If your in AZ PM me and Ill let you fire mine.

I thought about a Stag lefthanded model when I was looking. That's been a couple years, but I don't recall hearing anything bad about them other than for some reason, some folks don't like the deer head roll mark(!)

Usually on some of the AR-15 forums out there, you will hear negatives, even exaggerated negatives. Don't recall hearing any about Stag.

In 1/7 twist, maybe go with heavier 69-77 grain bullet? If you are already doing that, I don't know . . .

Do you use iron sights/MBUS, scope or red dot?

I had a Stag m4 given to me by a close friend who got sick and took his firearms back to NJ. The stag is not legal in NJ. So I made a night time hog gun out of it with an ATN day night scope. First ar I ever shot. (Bolt guy) It surprised me how accurate it was at 100. Trigger sucked but some springs helped that. We killed 32 pigs so far this winter and it performed perfectly.

Attachments

• BCF235AB-97E1-4C3A-ADDB-2F069BE6EF82.jpeg
    BCF235AB-97E1-4C3A-ADDB-2F069BE6EF82.jpeg
    318.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 1F1EC405-72B5-4353-8952-FBB490A5A5F0.jpeg
    1F1EC405-72B5-4353-8952-FBB490A5A5F0.jpeg
    690.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 66C11E43-E557-45A5-8632-92D57BD18DF9.jpeg
    66C11E43-E557-45A5-8632-92D57BD18DF9.jpeg
    515.4 KB · Views: 96
I thought about a Stag lefthanded model when I was looking. That's been a couple years, but I don't recall hearing anything bad about them other than for some reason, some folks don't like the deer head roll mark(!)

Usually on some of the AR-15 forums out there, you will hear negatives, even exaggerated negatives. Don't recall hearing any about Stag.

In 1/7 twist, maybe go with heavier 69-77 grain bullet? If you are already doing that, I don't know . . .

Do you use iron sights/MBUS, scope or red dot?

I use a scope

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.