Rifles Inc., reviews, ultra light rifles

zulu

Hi,

New to the page, has anyone had any experience with Rifles Inc. out of Texas.
or do you know any other ultra light rifles around 5.5 lbs in a 338 or 300 Win.
Thinking about buying his Strata in 338 Win, for around 5,000.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks zulu

I have a Strata in .338 Win. Mag. built on Rem. 700 action. Have owned it for 17 yrs. now and continue to love it. Mine weighs about 4 3/4 lbs. before rings, scope, cartridges, etc. Very pleasant to shoot in my opinion. Had Lex build it using Fed. Premium 225 gr. Will shoot 2 inch groups at 300 and 3 in. groups at 400. Rifle is probably capable of more, but I'm not! Lex has been building lightweight rifles longer than most and knows what he's doing.

Thank You Sir!
Now you got me wondering where the 3/4 of a pound difference
Is?
Also getting the Jewell Trigger, any thoughts?

Zulu

Not sure on the weight issue. Back when I got mine, Lex was using his own Kevlar stocks. Not sure if he's still doing that or using another. I haven't talked to him in 6 yrs. or so. If he's using a different material or a supplier for the stock, it could explain the weight difference. Also, haven't paid attention to what barrel length he goes with now or the contour. Mine is 23 in. barrel plus the brake I believe. I also have the ADL style stock and no hinged floorplate if that helps. I kept the stock 700 trigger set to about 2.5 lbs. Most of my other rifles are 700's w/ factory triggers and I've been happy with them.

I can't actually help with the 338 or 300WM but I do have a 30-06 AI Lex built. I am the second owner of the rifle and am very pleased with it. This is the first target I shot with it with an explanation of what was fired.
First Groups from Rifles Inc 30-06 AI
Explanation
2 Top of diamond center are Fire Formed 165 Nosler PT with 65 Gr. RL22

2 Just below center 2 are 150 Hornady 150 Flat Base withh 63 Gr. RL 19 Fire Forming Loads

Single shot out of the group is Clean Cold Bore First Round, thinkinig it was just me.

3 on lower diamond are 150 Remington CL Flat Base with 63 RL 19 Fire Forming Loads

Groups of 2 measure .144 and .285, and the group of 3 measures .327

Thing flat shoots. I didn't chronograph any of them but the data sheet from Rifles Inc says the 165 are doing 2926 fPS average. 22' barrel counting the brake. Weight is 6 lb, 2 oz.

Pic of rifle

...New to the page, has anyone had any experience with Rifles Inc. out of Texas.
or do you know any other ultra light rifles around 5.5 lbs in a 338 or 300 Win....

I just sent you a PM as I'm about to sell my Lightweight Strata 300 Win Mag. I found this post when I was looking to see if any others were for sale. I have detailed photos as well.

~Robert
Las Vegas

Attachments

• Starling_327_Bull_Small.jpg
    Starling_327_Bull_Small.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 54
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.