Rifle won't chamber round

I followed along for awhile, but I think I missed what it was causing the deformation in the brass. So what was cause?? Curious.....
In post #74 by the OP , Lesserhunter, it is stated he applied a patch wet with solvent and went to bed. After mopping out the chamber the next day, brass and loaded rounds chambered ok. No sign yet of what was the obstruction. OP is waiting for delivery of a bore scope to finalize.

In post #74 by the OP , Lesserhunter, it is stated he applied a patch wet with solvent and went to bed. After mopping out the chamber the next day, brass and loaded rounds chambered ok. No sign yet of what was the obstruction. OP is waiting for delivery of a bore scope to finalize.
Thanks for the info... curious what the borescope will show.........

Well guys, finally had time to investigate with the bore scope, and wow what an awesome tool for only $50!!! Definitely could improve my cleaning methods after looking over everything but I still see absolutely nothing that could have caused this and am baffled. Took the rifle out and shot 10 rounds and still shoots as well as before. Thank you all for the help and advice, sorry couldn't come up with a definitive answer to what the issue was

I ordered one of those bore scopes and it came without the mirror so I am sending it back for a replacement. They wouldn't just send the mirror, I had to have a complete replacement.

Yep. Little baggie with three identical mirrors with mine also. For 20 bucks, they sell a different mirror assortment separately. I haven't bought that yet. The mirrors in that set are supposedly optimized for different calibers.

Vettepilot

NOTICE TO ALL TESLONG BORESCOPE USERS:

A lot of us don't bother reading the instructions, especially for very simple to use devices. Then there's the problem of them being in broken Chinese, and with the print so small ya need a microscope to read them...

BUT

Read the instructions with the Teslong Borescope. They tell how you can adjust the little mirrors in and out to dial in the focus for different bore diameters.

And speaking of such, do any of you know of an app that has built in focus adjustment? Does such an animal exist?

Vettepilot

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.