Rifle won't chamber round

Shooters Choice makes a nice chamber brush and chamber mop that does a good job of cleaning the chamber and locking lug recess . The brush is bronze I used one once to clean some hardened bedding material out of my chamber area that got left there when I had an action bedded to a stock by a young smith .

Well, patience has never been my strong point. So last night I decided since I hadnt really explored the idea of it being carbon, I soaked a patch in solvent and pushed it into the chamber tight and went to bed. Woke up this morning and cleaned chamber with a mop, nothing appeared overly dirty. Sharpied a piece of brass to see where it was rubbing, and it chambered no issues..... So I tried one of the live rounds I had previously tried, chambered just fine. So what it was, I'm not entirely sure and am left very very puzzled. For safety I'm going to wait until the borescope arrives just to be sure everything looks good inside. Thank you all for your input!! Also I am from southern ND

Well, patience has never been my strong point. So last night I decided since I hadnt really explored the idea of it being carbon, I soaked a patch in solvent and pushed it into the chamber tight and went to bed. Woke up this morning and cleaned chamber with a mop, nothing appeared overly dirty. Sharpied a piece of brass to see where it was rubbing, and it chambered no issues..... So I tried one of the live rounds I had previously tried, chambered just fine. So what it was, I'm not entirely sure and am left very very puzzled. For safety I'm going to wait until the borescope arrives just to be sure everything looks good inside. Thank you all for your input!! Also I am from southern ND
Well I'll be ........uh..... .danged !!!!!!

It doesn't take much interference to disrupt a brass case, think a tad too much case lube and how easily it'll twist up a case when you resize.
Thanks for the borescope heads up, I have one on the way too.

All you guys buying the borescope you won't be disappointed in the quality of the unit. The video is very impressive. The quality of your barrel might not be so much. And your cleaning regime might need some help after taking a peek. Wait till you guys run it in a factory barrel you will wonder how something like that can shoot so good. All you people who have never looked at your barrels just might be shocked at what you see. I mostly use mine to look at the throat condition and how clean I'm getting my barrel. Carbon, carbon ring and copper. I did need to do some more cleaning on most of my barrels but with the borescope you will see what's left easily. Have fun and yeah most of you are going to say wow.
Shep

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.