Rifle value

Judson

I'm not sure if this is where I should post this. I have followed this forum for a while but just joined. I was hoping someone would help me out with the approximate value of a prized possession of mine. It's an early Remington 700 LSS in 300 RUM. It has been fired exactly 70 times, 20 factory loads and 50 hand loads. It isn't scratched up at and would come with Leupold dual dovetail as mount and rings as well as 120 pieces of brass. 50 are new virgin Remington Brass. I have been on cancer treatment for over a year and a half and just can't handle the weight anymore or seldom go hunting at all.
3FE4011B-7775-4966-98E4-8B173E79C33F.jpeg

Attachments

• 58DF0345-2B24-4F0B-BB25-B3C365066E01.jpeg
    58DF0345-2B24-4F0B-BB25-B3C365066E01.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • 9CDCC2E7-284A-43F5-BF6F-DDDE40661418.jpeg
    9CDCC2E7-284A-43F5-BF6F-DDDE40661418.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 53
  • 6EEF8AEF-03C1-4DDF-9743-8FFE1589C2FD.jpeg
    6EEF8AEF-03C1-4DDF-9743-8FFE1589C2FD.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
I'm not sure if this is where I should post this. I have followed this forum for a while but just joined. I was hoping someone would help me out with the approximate value of a prized possession of mine. It's an early Remington 700 LSS in 300 RUM. It has been fired exactly 70 times, 20 factory loads and 50 hand loads. It isn't scratched up at and would come with Leupold dual dovetail as mount and rings as well as 120 pieces of brass. 50 are new virgin Remington Brass. I have been on cancer treatment for over a year and a half and just can't handle the weight anymore or seldom go hunting at all. View attachment 450278
So sorry to hear about your cancer. We can't give you a value on your really nice rifle, but we can give you some prayers. God Bless and hope that you get well enough that you don't have to sell and can go out hunting again.
Len & Jill

Welcome to the forum-- god speed and good luck with the cancer treatments

Depends on who you sell it to.
I had a buddy sell his to cabelas/bass pro-- he got $600, you can probably get more on the private sector, or sell it at auction on gunbroker it might go for even more- but you'll have some fees.

If you sell it locally you won't have to ship it, or you could try putting it on consignment at a lgs.

Does it have the threadded/ radial port brake on it? I know some of the real early ones did not have a threaded barrel.

Once you get enough posts here, you can sell it in the "for sale" section.

If you were local, I'd consider it as ive always liked those in 300rum- but it's hard for me to trust brand new members with no feed back as there has been too many scammers on the net lately (not a dig on you, just on the net in general)

Start a new thread in the "new member" section-- get your post count up- get to know some of the guys on here- gain some good knowledge-- and then post it up for sale.

I know that sales have slowed lately, and prices are starting to drop a little. Several rum's have sat in the sale section for a while before they sold-- but its a nice rifle, you shouldn't have much trouble selling it if it's priced right.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum-- god speed and good luck with the cancer treatments

Depends on who you sell it to.
I had a buddy sell his to cabelas/bass pro-- he got $600, you can probably get more on the private sector, or sell it at auction on gunbroker it might go for even more- but you'll have some fees.

If you sell it locally you won't have to ship it, or you could try putting it on consignment at a lgs.

Does it have the threadded/ radial port brake on it? I know some of the real early ones did not have a threaded barrel.

Once you get enough posts here, you can sell it in the "for sale" section.

If you were local, I'd consider it as ive always liked those in 300rum- but it's hard for me to trust brand new members with no feed back as there has been too many scammers on the net lately (not a dig on you, just on the net in general)

Start a new thread in the "new member" section-- get your post count up- get to know some of the guys on here- gain some good knowledge-- and then post it up for sale.

I know that sales have slowed lately, and prices are starting to drop a little. Several rum's have sat in the sale section for a while before they sold-- but its a nice rifle, you shouldn't have much trouble selling it if it's priced right.
I understand not trusting a new member. Thanks.

I certainly hope that you get better soon.

It's cool to look back at a M700 from Remington's "heyday"……..
It's a real shame what happened to that company