Rifle Suggestion

bushwackr

Hello I am writing to ask all your opinions on starting platform. I have it down to 3 rifles first a Rem Sendero , the second is a Rem Long Range, or a redhawk rifle with the a5 b&c adjustable stock, I could be wrong but it looks like the rem long range with a diffrent stock. It will be chambered in 300 rum. Is there any diffrence in quality on the 700 long range the price point is way easier on the pocketbook. Thanks I highly value everyones thoughts , or first hand with these.

Personally, I would go with a 700 long range and spend the extra money on optics. It sounds like most of the 700 LR's are shooters, but worst case you have a great platform to slap a new barrel on and true the action.

The Sendero is in a league of its own compared to the other 2 that you're looking at... The Mil-Spec 5-R would be another one if you're considering spending that kind of money though. Otherwise, the 700 Long Range should be sufficient. I would bed the action and put a new trigger in it if you choose to go that route, then spend the rest of your money on quality glass and you'll have a pretty good shooter.

This doesn't have anything to do with the rifles. But above all do not skimp on the glass, rings or bases? Good luck and have fun.

Well can anyone tell me what makes the sendero better. Does it use a better barrel , is the action b/p? besides being all shiny with an expensive stock.

Well can anyone tell me what makes the sendero better. Does it use a better barrel , is the action b/p? besides being all shiny with an expensive stock.
Excellent barrels. I think Krieger is still making the Sendeo barrels for them.

Whatever it is they just shoot consistently well.

I've had two of them in 300 Rum and one in 300wm and even with factory ammo they all shot better than MOA.

the sendero stock is a 200-300 HS stock ; the long range stock is a bell and carlson 200-250 $ stock. the hs stock is .5 lb lighter according to spec.. the current sendero is stainless and has a fluted barrel. the barrel are made by remingotn and based on my experieince with my senderos and the 20 or so my buddies have they are real good. no expereince Yet with the long range.

the sendero stock is a 200-300 HS stock ; the long range stock is a bell and carlson 200-250 $ stock. the hs stock is .5 lb lighter according to spec.. the current sendero is stainless and has a fluted barrel. the barrel are made by remingotn and based on my experieince with my senderos and the 20 or so my buddies have they are real good. no expereince Yet with the long range.

Actually those HS stocks are $300-400... Retail is $415.

https://www.stockysstocks.com/h-s-p...m-long-short-action-pst-008-012-14-62-64.html

In My opinion, The Sendero is one of the best Factory rifles because they have the right combination of barrel, action and stocks.

They also make a great platform to build on If you wear the barrel out or just want to change calibers.

Accuracy depends on the sum of all good parts/components and workmanship. (Note) This does not mean that every Sendero will shoot sub 1/2 MOA, But the odds are much better.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

I was looking at the same rifles but now am leaning toward the Savage Long Range. I got time and am still researching though.

One thing to remember is that ALL new Remington rifles are outfitted with the God awful X-Mark trigger. The Sendero is an excellent choice, but the first thing I would do above all else is put a Jewell trigger on it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts