Rifle stock cheek packs

hunterdan

I have seen pictures in the past with folks that have the cheek packs that strap on to the stock shooting off of sandbags. My question is how does the rifle ride / track in the rear sandbag with one of these packs attached. Seems to me like they would not track properly in the bag and catch/grab. But I see plenty folks shooting with them like that. Thanks for any feedback

hunterdan, I personally use the Triad Tactical stock pad on nearly all my rifles. I've never really noticed any negative affects off of bags. I'm not a competition shooter by any means, but, no issues for me... Idaho-5R

get yourself a triad, they're probably the best stock packs out there. I think what you're referring to is like when an F-class rifle slides through the rear bag, but they're made to do that. on your hunting rig that rear bag isn't meant to guide the rifle, only to support it. I use one of the packs on a 300wm and a 338RUM and have noticed no adverse effects from it being there.

If shooting is not the first option what about your shire / Counsil,sorry not sure if you have the same names for government bodies over there
But what about having it sedated professionaly and get it moved outta the area ??
Just a thought
AND I ain't no greenie lol

I have also used the Triad Tactical(prone/rear bag) for several seasons and have not experienced any issues for hunting/targets out to 1000+ yards.
Greyfox,
That sure is a good looking deer in your thumbnail pic. Where did you get that stud and did you score him?

I have the triad tactical stock pack. My groups tightened when I started shooting with it. I shoot from the bench with a rear bag. My experience has shown me the importance of having a solid and consistent cheek weld. Especially with my lightweight 300 wsm.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts