Rifle Stock Building Video's

Savage 25-06

Say does anyone know of a video, or video's on Rifle stock building.

I've been reading what I can from other builders, but would love to find a video on the complete setup of build stocks.

If one is not out there which I can't find, I think it would be worth someones time to create one.

Now just to be clear, I'm talking Hand made, not CNC machine computerized, something everyone could use, it could really be a whole series as I know theres countless steps to making a rifle stock.

Savage 25-06 gun)

Ask that question at youtube.com.

I saw a series there with a guy building one from wood to finish.

Larry Potterfield from Midway also has one posted there.

Having built several, I would say the hard part is always the inletting correctly. After that, its personal style.

Larry
Tinkerer

Thanks Tinkerer for the information, I'll check it out, been on youtube but was just pulling up CNC inlets being done on stocks.

Does help to know who's posting as a guy can go through hours of this and never find what he's after.

Thanks Again
Savage 25-06 gun)

The larry potterfield ones are great. Here is the start of the series.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
300whisper: Thanks, I started watching some of his videos on youtube, i'll watch this one asap, as I'm just interested in Rifle Stocks at this given time.

I also wrote Midway to see if he does a series on DVD.

Thanks, much Appreciated.

Savage 25-06 gun)

Thanks Tinkerer for the information, I'll check it out, been on youtube but was just pulling up CNC inlets being done on stocks.

Does help to know who's posting as a guy can go through hours of this and never find what he's after.

Thanks Again
Savage 25-06 gun)

On My web site = jecustom.com I have over 50 video of how to, so people can find them easy.

I am still adding them as I find good ones.

Just log on to, www.jecustom.com - Links
look under links and Helpful videos. you should find what you want.

Like you, I got tired of trying to find things on Google and when I do find a good one , I add it to
the video link.

Hope this helps

J E CUSTOM

I'm not being funny! After watching Larry "crown" a barrel with a hack saw, file & sand paper, on one of the shootin' shows a few years ago, I'd eye with suspicion anything he'd try to teach! Go over to www.accuratereloading.com and go to the "GUNSMITHING" section. At the top, there's a stickey called "Stockmakers Show & Tell" , by Les Brooks. He shows how he did it with mostly hand tools.

shortgrass: Thanks for letting me know, I wrote to midway last night as I said, today the reply, Three times was for everything Except what I was asking for.

To me answer the Questions I asked about a product (meaning Midway) either you have it, or you don't, but don't lead me on a wild goose chase.

I'll check out the link ASAP, Thanks.

Savage 25-06 gun)

J.E. Customs, not seeing anything on stock building off from the link you posted.

Savage 25-06 gun)

Sorry
He must have edited some videos or removed them all together.

I have added some more that I found and will continue to do so.

Like Shortgrass, I don't agree with some of his methods but they are there to view.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts